IGNORED

Wanted: Commodore C64C (FOUND!)

eightbit

I am looking for a C64C unit in great shape. Not cracked or yellowed. No missing keys. And works 100% obviously. When I went to toys r us back in the eighties to buy one as it was what was on display, but when I went to the pickup counter they handed me a breadbox model. While that was fine (and I ran my BBS off of that unit for years) I always wondered how it would have been had I been handed what I expected I would have gotten. I probably should have told them it was not what I paid for, but at the time a C64 was a C64 and I needed a replacement for my bulletin board.

I see them online in various states (especially ebay) but I would rather like to obtain one from a collector that knows the machine and won't sell me some garbage that has been sitting in a wet garage somewhere. Just a nice C64C to compliment my nice C128 unit. I only need the computer itself, but if you have the box and accessories (manuals/psu/etc) and want to part with the whole thing I am in for it. Not looking to spend a million dollars, but a fair price.

I know a lot of commodore 64 enthusiasts despise this model as it has the "updated" SID chip that has some sound issues, but I am not concerned with that. I would just like what looks to me the "baby brother" of the C128 sitting next to my C128 doing its thing :)

PM if you have one to offer and PM with pictures if you can. Thanks!

Edited by eightbit

My brief research into the C64 land discovered that the 64C came in multiple flavors. I thought the very first units used the same board as the C64. I could be wrong on that. Here is site that discusses the motherboard versions.

http://www.breadbox64.com/c64-hardware/commodore-64c/

http://www.breadbox64.com/c64-hardware/commodore-64/

Edited by kheller2