IGNORED

New Release: Chipmunk Plus! 1.61D.025

Diaperboy

NEW RELEASE: CHIPMUNK PLUS! 1.61D.025

This is based on Chipmunk 3.04 and earlier Chipmunk versions. This release contains ONLY my patches (parameters) so for now selection is limited. (only 25 patches) I plan to continue updating this as often as possible.

THIS VERSION HAS THE ABILITY FOR USERS TO EASILY CREATE THEIR OWN CHIPMUNK PATCHES.

CHIPMUNK PLUS! has many new features added:

• The ability for a user to create patches. This is meant for more advanced users who have the skills to modify (crack) software. A Chipmunk patch can easily be created from the modified disk.
  • The ability to REMOVE patch sectors from the Chipmunk disk.
  • The ability to test patches BEFORE use. This allows a user who has created a patch to make sure all the data contained in the patch will function correctly.
  • The ability to SAVE your changes to the Chipmunk main program file.
  • Numerous checks to ensure the correct disk is being read and written to. On-the-fly checks to not allow damage to the Chipmunk disk. On-the-fly checks for patches with bad data (will either not allow a bad patch or will NOT CRASH because of a bad patch)
  • An Excel spreadsheet. This spreadsheet is used for creating new patches. The spreadsheet maps the remaining sectors on the Chipmunk disk, and assists in error checking the patch data. The spreadsheet generates Atari 8 bit basic “Data Statements” which are used by Chipmunk to store patch information.
  • Using Altirra emulator, the Data Statements from the spreadsheet can be easily copy / pasted to the Chipmunk main program.

This release contains:

• 1 CHIPMUNK PLUS! disk (image) with patches included. Contains SIDE 1 and SIDE 2 (more space to hold patches)
  • 1 CHIPMUNK PLUS! disk (image) empty without patches. Contains SIDE 1 and SIDE 2 (more space available to hold patches)
  • 1 Excel spreadsheet with patch data. (Has a separate page for each disk side)
  • 1 Excel spreadsheet empty without data (Has a separate page for each disk side)
  • 1 TRUE-BLANK disk (image) This disk is artificially blank EVERY SECTOR is completely EMPTY (for use with CHIPMUNK PLUS! patch creator)
  • 1 CHIPMUNK PLUS! PDF instruction manual
  • 1 PDF list of software title patches contained in this release
  • Artwork

CHIPMUNK PLUS! SOFTWARE VERSION NUMBER

• 1.61” - Refers to the actual software version.
  • D” - Refers to the SERIES of patches (D for Diaperboy!) This automatically becomes “E” (E for Empty) if there are no patches.
  • 025” - Refers to the number of patches contained in Chipmunk Plus! (This is automatically updated)

If you wish to distribute copies of CHIPMUNK PLUS! with your own patches, please feel free to do so. All that I ask is PLEASE use a different SERIES letter to reflect that these are your patches and not mine. The version and series data is located on sector 363. This can be modified with a sector editor. If you have the skills to modify (crack) software, you have the skills to change the series letter.

All patches (parameters) contained in this software are “straight up” cracks…meaning no crack intro screens or anything like that. All patches modify the disk so that it looks, sounds, and boots as close to an unmodified original disk as possible. This INCLUDES the Electronic Arts loading screens. All patches have been tested using Altirra 2.80.

CHIPMUNK PLUS! 1.61D.025 PATCH LIST

Software Title:

Software Company:

Seven cities of gold (1st edition - black disk)

Electronic Arts

Seven cities of gold (2nd edition - grey disk)

Electronic Arts

Age of Adventure - Ali Baba and the fourty thieves

Electronic Arts

Archon

Electronic Arts

Archon II - Adept

Electronic Arts

Axis Assassin

Electronic Arts

D-Bug

Electronic Arts

Financial Cookbook

Electronic Arts

Hard Hat Mack

Electronic Arts

Lords of Conquest

Electronic Arts

M.U.L.E.

Electronic Arts

Mail Order Monsters

Electronic Arts

Murder on the Zinderneuf (XL,XE OS)

Electronic Arts

Music Construction Set

Electronic Arts

One-On-One

Electronic Arts

The Pharoah's Curse

Synapse

Pinball Construction Set

Electronic Arts

Racing Destruction Set

Electronic Arts

Realm of Impossibility

Electronic Arts

Age of Adventure - Return of Hercules

Electronic Arts

Super Boulderdash

Electronic Arts

Touchdown Football

Electronic Arts

Word Flyer

Electronic Arts

Worms? (XL,XE OS)

Electronic Arts

Zorro

Datasoft

I have spent many hours testing this software to make sure it runs correctly...however...there may be bugs that I am unaware of. If any bugs are found please let me know.

I hope that some people find this software useful. I would really enjoy seeing others release versions with their own patches (parameters).

Whew! now that I've released this, I can return to modifying (cracking) more Atari software!

CHIPMUNK PLUS! - 1.61D.025.zip

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Patch for Gauntlet & Guantlet Deeper Dungeons done! I will release as part of the next update.

I wasn't planning on tackling Gauntlet just yet...but your message prompted me to take another swing at it.

Gauntlet has a special place in my heart...I owned a "happy copy" of Gauntlet when it was new. I tried and tried and tried to crack that game without success for YEARS!

My ex-wife got rid of my Atari around 2001 (bitch!) NOT cracking Gauntlet has "burned my ass" for nearly 30 YEARS! It's not like I sat up awake at night thinking about it...but every now and then I'd think about it...remember it sitting there uncracked, seemingly mocking me...BASTARD! I'll get you my friend! Just wait and see! Rah Haa Haa Haa! (snort) Bwah Haa Haa!

Anyways...AT LAST Guantlet is cracked and just for good measure I cracked his brother Guantlet Deeper Dungeons too. Interestingly enough the crack of Gauntlet Deeper Dungeons works so well it allows a non-working (uncracked) copy of Gauntlet to boot.

I believe there were 2 versions of Gauntlet Deeper Dungeons released for Atari.

The version I just cracked is used like a "boot disk" for Gauntlet in order to access the Deeper Dungeon levels. The copy protection was comparable to Gauntlet itself in structure. The copy protection runs once at the begining.

The version I remember (and did crack in the early 90's) was not used like a "boot disk" for Gauntlet. Instead it was used in place of SIDE 2 of the Gauntlet disk. It had a much different and simpler copy protection than Gauntlet (just 1 CRC error IIRC). The copy protection ran EVERY TIME a level was loaded.

Ahead for a future update of Chipmunk Plus! will be to fix the "goto" feature. It seems that I have broken that function somehow? I also plan to update the spreadsheet to have more columns for use as a mini database for Atari software. At the very least have space for the full name, software company, and year of each title.

I WANT YOUR INPUT GUYS!

Let me know if you have any requests (software cracks, Chipmunk Plus! features, etc.)

Let me know if you have any comments (cool, but I think it would be better if you...)

Let me know if you have any complaints (I really can't believe you didn't include...)

I love doing this, but your input helps me do a better job!

I hope everybody enjoys this release. Hear from you soon!

• Like 5

I would love to see some cracks of the utility software like The Newsroom, the graphics programs from Xlent software like Typestter, Rubber Stamp, etc., some of the better word processors like Letter Perfect, First Xlent Word Processor, etc.

Allan

• Like 1

I just like nice clean 100% checked cracks of every thing, I've myself been guilty of sticking Mole eater on stuff I did back then (very few) and now I'm supposed to be older and wiser I see just how ugly it is. In the UK 99% of the EA stuff was cracked by The Mole and Mike would never adjust a disk other than the protection. Was a joy watching him do the crack, I was like a kid in a candy shop, I knew little bits of stuff like bad sector checks but he was like yourself with all the knowledge to check the checks on the checks etc etc. He would sit there and talk me through it but it was going in but not 100% registering :)

• 4 months later...