IGNORED

New discovery: Dual Shock 4 & other wireless controllers now work on 5200

ave1

I have some good news to share with all of you today and it has to do with the Masterplay Interface Clone which is owned by quite a few members of the forum here. Using a series of controller adapters, you can play 5200 digital games with a wireless PS3, PS4, Wii remote, and WiiU ProController. All these controllers have d-pads which offer digital directional controls, and the ones which have analog thumbsticks offer the left one to act as a digital joystick.

Here's the link which explains the adapter setup that I recently figured out:

Special thanks goes to Atariage member, 0078265317, for his contribution to this new discovery.

Hope some of you here will get to try it out. This definitely is a first when it comes to getting the most recent bluetooth controllers working on 35 year old consoles (and it's not just the 5200, but the 2600, 7800, Atari 8bit, Atari ST, C64, Amstrad, Master System, and Sega Genesis/Megadrive). Kinda mind-blowing, right?!

Edited by ave1

And you don't need an extension cord for the 4 score. It was a very tight fit. But I opened up the freedom connect. (I got 2 cheap off amazon long time ago.) And after opening it up I twisted the cable around. Felt like it was going too break. Very light solder. But I managed to twist it around without breaking it so the connector is backwards. And now the 4 score fits. No extension cable needed. Still works and did not break. So I kept one original just incase. And one modded to work with 4 score. But in the end no extension cable needed.

• Like 1