IGNORED

What Hidden Gems Would You Recommend?

caughdrops

Earth Defense Force 4.1 is pretty fun but not really mainstream. If shooting at giant insects, B movie monsters, and robots sounds fun, it's worth checking out and pretty cheap.

White Night has gotten generally positive reviews. It's a pretty unique horror game with a creepy but artistic atmosphere. There's no combat really, so you do have to run to safe spots in the light. It's not an exclusive but worth checking out. It's one of those games where you need to stick with it or else you'll forget where to go or what to do. I have a horrible habbit of playing a game for a couple hours a day for a week and switch to another I "should" beat and forget what I need to do or what the story is.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee is a pretty great game too. There's a quicksave feature that makes the game a bit easier. Oddworld is a very underrated series.

Wolfenstein The Old Blood isn't really a sleeper, but figured I'd mention it in case you haven't played it. I personally like it more than the main game. It has more of those occult and horror themes Return to Castle Wolfenstein had. There is a sneaking part where you need to escape your cell, a lot like the 2D game, but it's not too long. It's worth a buy if you haven't already.

There's quite a few good indie titles you can download on the store and a lot on sale right now.

I'm not sure if any of these have seen much "commercial praise," but most of my gaming friends either haven't heard of them, or dismiss them entirely. However, I think they're amazing.

Blood Bowl 2 (If you like table top strategy board games)

Life is Strange

Until Dawn

Toukiden: Kiwami (kinda like Monster Hunter)

Valkyria Chronicles: Remastered (Turn Based Strategy with lots of depth. the framerate increase with the remastered version makes it a far bit above the original)

Alienation

Banner Saga series

Bastion (a port of a last gen game, but still amazing)

Dust: An Elysian Tail (same comment as Bastion)

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Strider

Thomas Was Alone

Titan Attacks!

I've recently started playing the PS4 version of Darksiders as well. The increased framerate makes the game much better than the last gen versions. Not sure how it's gonna be commercially since it just came out, but if you're looking for a game that mixes God of War, Castlevania LOS, and a whole lot of Zelda, give it a look. It's a bit on the cheap side.