IGNORED

Looking for the SmartBASIC (Reedy Software) v2.0 manual

LoTonah

There is something on my web page at:

http://www.sacnews.net/adamcomputer/manuals%20&%20docs/smartbasic%202.0.pdf

I don't think there was ever a "complete" manual released for it.

EDIT: Whoops...I guess that is the one you mentioned, but mine is only 6 pages, not 18.

Closest I found was the "Using SmartBASIC 2.0" by WA6Msx. Good start, but at 18 pages I feel it may be missing something.

Edited by jblenkle

There is something on my web page at:

http://www.sacnews.net/adamcomputer/manuals%20&%20docs/smartbasic%202.0.pdf

I don't think there was ever a "complete" manual released for it.

EDIT: Whoops...I guess that is the one you mentioned, but mine is only 6 pages, not 18.

Well, I feel stupid now. It was 6 pages long, I was confusing it with a different document that I'm working with for another project. DERP!

Ah well, still hoping someone out there has the real deal.

Coleco never completed SmartBasic 2.0 and they released it to the Public Domain along with a number of other ADAM titles circa 1985/1986. There was never a manual produced for it, but numerous ADAMites provided as detailed information on it as possible that were included in SmartWriter text files on the disk/ddp with SB 2.0... the Reedy Software document is just a nicely formatted and printed out version of one of these text files. The best thing to do concerning SB 2.0 documentation is to read the included text files that are included with most of the disk images of SB 2.0 or to search thru the numerous newsletters available on Joe B.'s website for pertinent information which includes POKEs, PEEKs and CALLs that are specific to SB 2.0.

• Like 1

Coleco never completed SmartBasic 2.0 and they released it to the Public Domain along with a number of other ADAM titles circa 1985/1986. There was never a manual produced for it, but numerous ADAMites provided as detailed information on it as possible that were included in SmartWriter text files on the disk/ddp with SB 2.0... the Reedy Software document is just a nicely formatted and printed out version of one of these text files. The best thing to do concerning SB 2.0 documentation is to read the included text files that are included with most of the disk images of SB 2.0 or to search thru the numerous newsletters available on Joe B.'s website for pertinent information which includes POKEs, PEEKs and CALLs that are specific to SB 2.0.

Okay, sounds about right. Thanks again, Joe and NIAD (whose real name is escaping me at the moment). You two are awesome!