IGNORED

FS: Customized TSOP Xbox, 128MB RAM, large HDD / Coinops 8 r4 Massive

Mark Wolfe

$70 is more reasonable

And yes that is an Xbox input with some sort of plug on it

So yeah that looks like how it works

Don't know if it works with emulators tho

One thing I notice right off the bat is the EMS II has the Xbox plugs

I'm willing to bet they didn't carry that over to the EMS III depending on when it was orig manufactured

I'll do an eBay search and see what I can find for a reasonable price

I really don't care about emulators. Here is what I care about:

1) Virtua Cop 3

2) Silent Scope Complete

3) House of the Dead 3

4) MAME on-rails shooters

I already have a modded wii with console on-rails shooters on that. I also have a region free PS2 with all PSX and PS2 on-rails shooters.

You just contradicted yourself

"MAME" By definition is an emulator and Coinops has the MAME core in it so if you want to play MAME rail shooters you need it to be compatible with emulators

Also virtual cop 3 I believe is an emulated version on the Xbox no? Or is it just that it runs better on the 128MB ram ?

Regadless the question remains the same and the orig Xbox does a much better job with MAME and other arcade emulation than the PS2

• Like 1

I should have said, I don't care about console emulators. I have NES, SNES, and the sega consoles emulated on the wii just fine. My main want, if I get your upgraded xbox, is to have virtua cop 3. My understanding is that Virtua Cop 3 was built on a similar board as the xbox, but with 128MB ram. If you have an xbox board side-by-side, I think the look very similar to the virtua cop 3 board. I don't know the specifics. There is also another game "Ghost Squad" that is also playable on an upgraded xbox. Although Ghost Squad was a game released on wii.

Yep, the Sega Chihiro arcade hardware is based on the orig Xbox with more RAM but basically the same

Since our conversation was arcade related I didn't think it was necessary to differentiate between other emulators

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, the gun has to be recognized by Coinops (emulators)

My guess is that it is and that you can find references to that if you google Coinops and EMS Topgun together

I already know that Coinops recognizes the actual Xbox lightgun which is great but of course that does not work on anything but CRT

... it would not be too much of a leap to assume it works with the EMS

I just can not confirm it as of yet

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...