IGNORED

Decimal to Assembly Language

snicklin

I've got some old Assembly code of mine which is in Data statements in BASIC. They're in decimal (i.e 0-255)

I (quite honestly) can't be bothered to manually go through all the code and work out what the Assembly statements are.

Is there a utility that I can run it through which will convert it to Assembly language, only requiring me to type the numbers in?

You could create a binary load file.

PUT the $FF $FF bytes for the header to the file.

PUT the low byte then high byte of the starting address.

PUT the low byte then the high byte of the ending address. (Starting address + number of Bytes - 1)

Then PUT the bytes values of your data.

For the sake of just loading the file into memory it doesn't matter much if you you don't recall the actual starting address of the machine code. Once you get it into a load file you can put it into memory and look at it with all kinds of debuggers. That should help figure out what the real addresses should be.

• Like 1

You could create a binary load file.

PUT the $FF $FF bytes for the header to the file.

PUT the low byte then high byte of the starting address.

PUT the low byte then the high byte of the ending address. (Starting address + number of Bytes - 1)

Then PUT the bytes values of your data.

For the sake of just loading the file into memory it doesn't matter much if you you don't recall the actual starting address of the machine code. Once you get it into a load file you can put it into memory and look at it with all kinds of debuggers. That should help figure out what the real addresses should be.

That's a good idea Ken. I knew there'd be a way but this way didn't come to mind - nice one, thanks!