IGNORED

Battlesphere Easter Eggs

Paul Westphal

Go to the setup menu, then to the gameplay options screen. Type 728264779355 to access any wave in Gauntlet mode, all the way to 6,666.

Not sure if / how this works in the original BS. There's apparently a bug preventing getting past a certain (high?) level in Gauntlet (fixed in BS Gold)...not that I've ever got that far. Perhaps this code will allow skipping of the suspect level. All of these exact details are probably buried in Jaguar Interactive or JSII or rec.games.video.atari...I 'remember' it being discussed at length, but I don't have time to go looking for it lol.

Finishing an entire game of AAtE without ever docking (haha, yeah, unlikely) will give you a code.

There's at least 10 apparently. Some of them may have been public in the months after release. I know I've activated the 'VLM' mode (is that secret?), and accessed all weapons. But I do remember more being discussed somewhere (another lifetime ago it seems).

Go to the setup menu, then to the gameplay options screen. Type 728264779355 to access any wave in Gauntlet mode, all the way to 6,666.

Not sure if / how this works in the original BS. There's apparently a bug preventing getting past a certain (high?) level in Gauntlet (fixed in BS Gold)...not that I've ever got that far. Perhaps this code will allow skipping of the suspect level. All of these exact details are probably buried in Jaguar Interactive or JSII or rec.games.video.atari...I 'remember' it being discussed at length, but I don't have time to go looking for it lol.

Finishing an entire game of AAtE without ever docking (haha, yeah, unlikely) will give you a code.

There's at least 10 apparently. Some of them may have been public in the months after release. I know I've activated the 'VLM' mode (is that secret?), and accessed all weapons. But I do remember more being discussed somewhere (another lifetime ago it seems).

Original BS had a bug that would not let you past one of the gauntlet waves in level 91 or something like that. (I think they even released a patch for that to upload via JUGS back in the day so they did not have to reveal the cheatcodes.) But that can be skipped with the "Run the Gauntlet" code that Saturn discovered.

On the lower difficulties you can beat AAtE without docking, actually I only tried out to dock once because I know it was possible, to see how that robot looks like. But I can't remember what code I got in AAtE. I thought that was connected to the points earned or something...

At one point I played around with all known codes, there are some fun things in there like a completly different introscreen or the ability to customize the stats of your ship. I wished for some more ships like the intruders or the developer ships but of course there are plenty to start with. Other codes were neat but ultimatley pointless like the different warp animation or the nebulas with the developer faces.

I still want to know what those Norad Launch Codes did, never found out, too bad.
  • Like 4

Yeah, I played with maxed out stats via the customise cheat and once managed to crash it lol.

Once I get an Elgato capture device and get all the codes, I'd like to make a video showing what they all do. I don't think I've ever done the different warp animate, face nebulas, or alternate intro (though thats ringing bells, so maybe I had). I wonder if the Norad Codes ever actually did anything...?

• Like 1

I had a theory that the NORAD codes meant something had to be done simultaneously on two controllers - like two missile launchers turning their keys at the same time. I asked Tbird and he said no, but gave me no more info.

Perhaps we'll never know...

• Like 1

Well I guess they must do something it would be a really lame red herring to have two codes that don't do anything at all when every other code has an effect. And since we know how to activate codes in the game and they even register with the same sound effect as all the other working codes there must be something else that has been overlooked. Maybe it needs a third code to be activated or in a certain order. (Good idea with the second controller btw).

I'm not THAT interested to spend my time now on something I might not solve ever but still it would be nice just out of curiosity after all these years to know what they do and what codes we still might not have found.

Aside from all the drama I had my fair share of fun with that game, shame we propably would not get an answer from the devs.

I spent some time with the game today trying to figure out what the Norad Launch Codes do. Played 24 waves of gauntlet, finished a round of AatE, went trhough all the menues did not find anything out of the ordinary. I had only the two Norad Codes activated. The only thing I can think of right now that maybe it has something to do with multiplayer and since not many people play it linked up, it is difficult to find out what the codes do. Then I went on to a round of Deflector SL and Pyro Pong and stopped thinking about the Norad Codes. ;-)

• Like 1

Then I went on to a round of Deflector SL and Pyro Pong and stopped thinking about the Norad Codes. ;-)

Has anyone ever made a video/screenshots of Deflector or Pyro Pong?

I have a copy of Battlesphere Original, and my understanding is that these are only in the Gold version, so I've never seen them.

Has anyone ever made a video/screenshots of Deflector or Pyro Pong?

I have a copy of Battlesphere Original, and my understanding is that these are only in the Gold version, so I've never seen them.

As it happens, I took a picture of deflector.Excuse the poor quality. Pyro Pong Looks like Pong but the ball has a flame trail. When I'm home I'll see if I can capture that for you.

post-1084-0-71435400-1481098118_thumb.jpg

• Like 2