IGNORED

CF2k v 2.4

Shift838

In the last file, CF2N I changed the occurrence of SIO to PIO and it now seems to work. I used dsku sector editor to make the change.

Temporarily, yes—but, if you try it on a true CF7+, it will certainly fail because it will find PIO in the first test and think it is a nanoPEB and, once again, set the wrong port addresses.

It puzzles me that Jaime would not only remove SIO from the DSR for the nanoPEB but also add PIO, when the nanoPEB cannot possibly manage that.

...lee

I agree with @Ksarul that the occurrence of PIO. in the DSR should, in fact, be SIO. I have asked Fred (@F.G. Kaal) for his input. It does seem like a mistake that Jaime should fix; however, it would be fairly simple for a version of CF2K to also check for RS232. as a nanoPEB v1 device for the purpose of setting the IDE I/O port addresses (easy for me to say! |:) ) and Jaime would likely need to exchange nanoPEBs with folks to fix the problem from his end.

...lee

I agree with @Ksarul that the occurrence of PIO. in the DSR should, in fact, be SIO. I have asked Fred (@F.G. Kaal) for his input. It does seem like a mistake that Jaime should fix; however, it would be fairly simple for a version of CF2K to also check for RS232. as a nanoPEB v1 device for the purpose of setting the IDE I/O port addresses (easy for me to say! | :) ) and Jaime would likely need to exchange nanoPEBs with folks to fix the problem from his end.

...lee

I sent Fred an email too asking the same thing if RS232 could be added for the check.

All,

I have been conversing with Fred on the issue many of us are seeing.

Fred has made a modification to his code to remedy our issues for many of us that have certain version 1.x NanoPEBs.

You can download CF2K 2.5 from Fred's website : HERE

The below was copied directly from his website which outline his changes.

Version 2.5 There are nanoPeb version 1 without the SIO device name and
therefore these will not be recognized as a nanoPeb.
Changed: Cf2k5.c99::detcfmod():
Looking at CRU address >1300:
1) If device name "SIO." is available it is a nanoPeb 1.
2) If device name "COM1." is available it is a nanoPeb 2.
3) If device name "RS232." is available it is a nanoPeb 1.
4) If device name "PIO." is available it is a Cf7a+.
Looking at CRU address >1000:
5) If device name "PIO." is available it is a Cf7a+ running in the
Ti994w emulator environment.
I have verified this version works with my NanoPEB version 1 as expected.
Thanks Fred!
  • Like 3