IGNORED

What emulator do you recommend?

Darkhog

You might try MEKA. MEKA seems more of an "either it'll work or it won't" sort of thing, but if it does work for you it should work pretty well. It's pretty lean as far as system requirements go.

MEKA is mostly advertised as an 8-bit Sega emulator (Master System, Game Gear and so on), but it runs ColecoVision games as well.

BlueMSX for its support of MegaCart games as well as support of CRT display simulation, gives it an edge above many other ColecoVision emulators.

Cool. However their site seems to suffer from "I got few ddos attacks from a certain place, so I'll block entire country (Poland) instead of using more appropriate measures such as Cloudflare" syndrome.

No ability to connect without using webproxy = no DL.

And Poland doesn't have any government blocklists (well, any that this site would be likely to land on) so it's not my gov that's at fault here.

Edited by Darkhog

Cool. However their site seems to suffer from "I got few ddos attacks from a certain place, so I'll block entire country (Poland) instead of using more appropriate measures such as Cloudflare" syndrome.

No ability to connect without using webproxy = no DL.

And Poland doesn't have any government blocklists (well, any that this site would be likely to land on) so it's not my gov that's at fault here.

Try this link instead. Or grab it from here.

Try this link instead. Or grab it from here.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComicallyMissingThePoint

You don't get it. This isn't the issue of "can't download". I can, with a webproxy. But since the author blocks all connection from Poland, i.e. the country with best programmers in the world, who am I to go against his or her wishes?

Edited by Darkhog

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComicallyMissingThePoint

You don't get it. This isn't the issue of "can't download". I can, with a webproxy. But since the author blocks all connection from Poland, i.e. the country with best programmers in the world, who am I to go against his or her wishes?

:?

Yeah, make that a double :?

What makes you think that the author of the tools you want and the guy administrating the web server are the same guy?

Yeah, make that a double :?

What makes you think that the author of the tools you want and the guy administrating the web server are the same guy?

Because projects like that are made usually either by small team or a single guy? In both cases, especially in such niche market like Coleco/MSX emulators there's not enough cash to go around to also hire a webmaster. So the site is most likely based on the off-the-shelf CMS and is managed by one of the devs as they can't hire outside webguy.

But it went way too offtopic. Let's hear if there are other emus worth trying. Currently using that CoolCV thing, but it doesn't have gui of any kind and that rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by Darkhog

But it went way too offtopic. Let's hear if there are other emus worth trying. Currently using that CoolCV thing, but it doesn't have gui of any kind and that rubs me the wrong way.

Have you tried using a Frontend program such as QuickPlay? It hasn't been updated in years, but it is my favorite Frontend program and I have 100s of emulators setup for use with it.

The best ColecoVision emulators in order are BlueMSX, CoolCV, ADAMem with Virtual ADAM Frontend or ADAMem Manager Frontend and M.E.S.S.

I haven't updated MAME or MESS in quite awhile (just did it last night), but it appears they now have been merged...at least the MAME UI version which is available here:

http://www.progettosnaps.net/mameui/

It now contains all the arcade, console and computer emulation which was previously split between MAME and MESS.

Have you tried using a Frontend program such as QuickPlay? It hasn't been updated in years, but it is my favorite Frontend program and I have 100s of emulators setup for use with it.

The best ColecoVision emulators in order are BlueMSX, CoolCV, ADAMem with Virtual ADAM Frontend or ADAMem Manager Frontend and M.E.S.S.

I haven't updated MAME or MESS in quite awhile (just did it last night), but it appears they now have been merged...at least the MAME UI version which is available here:

http://www.progettosnaps.net/mameui/

It now contains all the arcade, console and computer emulation which was previously split between MAME and MESS.

That's why I have kept the older versions of MAME and MESS on my system until I can spend some time with this newer (merged) version to see how it functions.