IGNORED

HSC13 R20: RGB & Atari Blast

RGB

rgb_7.png

Winner Runner Up of the abbuc software contest 2014 gets a proper HSC play. One of the best abbuc games. You have to complete each scrolling level by shooting the coloured robots, you need to change colour to match them first by going into the transformer thingies [pull down to select colour then press fire to activate it] or using the collectables. Ok my description is terrible but the game is great!! Several ways to tackle each level keeps this one interesting. Start on level 0 each time.

Controls Press HELP to toggle fire/joystick up action

Bonus challenge play on the harder skill level

Download XEX

Info Info & screenshots / atariage thread

Bonus Game Atari Blast (formerly GTIA Blast. 2016)

atariblast%21.png

Runs on a standard Atari but needs to be loaded from Cartridge; or played on emulation. Paul "Playsoft" Lay has offered to supply cartridges to those in the UK so send him a message; I have :) Details about this and the cartridge setup are on the R20 Poll thread. Game reviewed in Issue #3 of Excel Magazine (PDF or printed version available).

October 2016 Update with new music - Various formats

Megacart XEX / Giant XEX

Jeff Mutton! said "Probably the Best Atari 6502 home game ever created! Rivals the Best ST games for Speed. Color and play-ability."

Have fun, round ends Sunday 18th December 10am UK time :)

Edited by therealbountybob

I sold my XL in 2012.... wish I never now after finding this site and HSC.

I think a lot of people including myself fell into the gap between the printed magazines ending and finding that the community is still very much alive here in cyberspace (well my dining room at least)! Luckily I kept all my stuff. What Atari hardware do you have now (if any)? Sounds like you need to see if you can track down your old machine ;)

Photo Looks nice :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I played RGB earlier and made it to the 4th round. I've been trying to work it out as i go along rather than read instructions. But one thing i couldnt work out was what the 'P' is for. I presumed 'P' stood for power? Perhaps it makes the gun power up quicker?

Edit: Seems as though it's just 'points'

Edited by McKong
  • Like 1

First Tables

RGB (Easy)

1st therealbountybob (p) 319,400 12pts
2nd Dope (n) 235,500 11pts
3rd McKong (p) 167,700 10pts
4th Sikor (p) 21,500 9pts

Bonus Challenge: Play RGB on Hard

1st trbb (p) 251,500 1pt

Bonus Game: Atari Blast

1st Sikor (p) 6,270 1pt

Round 21 Poll OPEN and someone has already voted :thumbsup:

:)

Rgb 348200 level 7

Still not completed level 6 but have been playing every day. Do you remember if it ends after you complete easy?

My ATARI BLAST cart arrived and seriously w-o-w. Thanks Paul :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

post-19705-0-11786500-1481654660_thumb.jpg

I've scribbled down lots of stage codes 41,670. This will need to be reviewed in a future Pro© Mag!

Unfortunately RGB is not winner of ABBUC Software Contest 2014 it was placed 2nd (Dimo's Quest was 1st) :)

Yes, P bonus is bonus points.

And yes.. after completing level 7 there is Congratulations screen end it ends (both easy and hard).

Thanks Mapa, Oh yes I remember It was robbed :)

Still a great game, nice learning curve and really benefits from playing a few goes each day :thumbsup: :thumbsup: be sure to check out some of Mapa's other great games - we should play Marbled again next season perhaps :)

Beat level 6 and had 4 left on level 7 but was the wrong colour near the end 430,200 :-o

post-19705-0-86828700-1481822375_thumb.jpg

Playing Atari Blast is like taking part in some amazing Atari demo, thankfully gameplay is pretty good too. After a few goes I had a feeling the default level might be a bit easy: so I completed it (76,470 from the start). It did continue after the nice end of game sequence, I guess it levelled up the skill, but I retired here. There are 14 levels - codes in Excel Mag #3 are listed by horizontal stages then vertical stages.

If anyone completes the default skill play on "Hard" then "Harder" for bonus points :)

This round and the poll close Sunday morning UK time

Round 21 Poll OPEN :)

I won the round and completed both RGB and Atari Blast on the default levels (yes I am so great) well looks like everyone is busy (drinking) so hopefully we will see a few more players roll in soon! Thanks for playing guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Final Tables

RGB (Easy)

1st therealbountybob (p) 461,200 12pts *
2nd McKong (p) 522,800 11pts

3rd Dope (n) 449,800 10pts
4th RedThunder (n) 54,900 9pts

5th Sikor (p) 21,500 8pts
*Completed

Bonus Challenge: Play RGB on Hard

1st trbb (p) 492,300 1pt

Bonus Game: Atari Blast

1st therealbountybob (p) 76,470 4pts