IGNORED

Aardvark for Atari VCS/2600

nanochess

VERY EXCITING NEWS! TUNE IN TOMORROW!

We'll be playing the EXCLUSIVE FINAL FULL RETAIL BUILD of Aardvark that will be selling at PRGE in just over a week LIVE on tomorrow's (Wednesday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Aardvark (2019 Exclusive Full Retail Release) by Oscar Toledo G. aka nanochess, Thomas Jentzsch and Nathan Strum
- Panic on Pug Farm (2019 WIP Exclusive Premiere) by Jeff Kenney and Dan LeRoy
- Pro Bowling (2019) by Edward Smith aka easmith

EDIT: Archive Video of Stream

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 6

• 2 months later...
Just now, VectorGamer said:

Seconded. When I saw the announcement in status update I thought ROM purchases would also now be implemented. Leaving disappointed.

That's not going to happen until I get the store moved to completely new software.  Have wanted to do that for a while now, but it's going to be another time-consuming process like this year's forum upgrade.  Do plan on working on that early in the new year. 

..Al

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

CONGRATULATIONS to Aardvark for being nominated in the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards!

Be sure to vote your favourite homebrew games of 2019 with the links below!

Atari Homebrew Awards Categories (VOTE IN ALL!!):

1010054752_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-BestPackagingAtari2600.jpg.25336550cd9808083feaeb2261f8b984.jpg347401666_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-BestMusicSoundAtari2600.jpg.2ebe8e442c2afc1c4cbf53db87536d93.jpg1198901818_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-BestHomebrewAtari2600.jpg.cc5f36287d0b5c1a8de5700bbb41de76.jpg326851942_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-BestGraphicsAtari2600.jpg.9fda7820e79bb9f7b7d7005c731ac213.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

77086625_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Winner-BestGraphicsAtari2600.thumb.png.e3e8118c924f783626abc9ae2137bd9f.png

2019 ATARI HOMEBREW AWARDS RESULTS

Thank you everyone for an amazing event today. Congratulations to all the nominees and the winners! You can watch the replay on Twitch or when it's posted on YouTube tomorrow!

Atari 2600: Best Homebrew ≤4K
1) Amoeba Jump by Dion Olsthoorn "Dionoid"
2) Space Game 2KB by Karl Garrison "Karl G"
3) Caverns by Harold Thijssen

Atari 7800: Best Homebrew
1) Rikki & Vikki by PenguiNet "TailChao"
2) Baby Pac-Man by Bob DeCrecenzo "PacManPlus"
3) Draker Quest II by Clark Otto "frankodragon"

Atari 2600: Best Packaging
1) Rally Racer by More Work Games
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (packaging by Dave Dries)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (packaging by Dave Dries)

Atari 2600: Best WIP
1) Zoo Keeper by Champ Games
2) Ninjish Guy in Low Res World by Vladimir Zuñiga (aka John Von Neumann) "vhzc"
3) Penult by Karl Garrison "Karl G"

Atari 8-Bit/5200: Best Homebrew
1) Gravity Worms - Krzysztof "xxl" Dudek, Jakub "Aceman" Szeląg, Kamil "Vidol" Walaszek
2) Jet Set Willy 2019 - Terence "Tezz" Derby (original game by Matthew Smith)
2) Wasteland - Michael Jaskula

Atari 2600: Best Music & Sound
1) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (sound by Mike Haas with Ross Keenum)
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (sound and music by Ross Keenum)
3) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)

Atari 2600: Best Graphics
1) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (graphics by Nathan Strum)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (graphics by Nathan Strum)

Atari 2600: Lifetime Achievement Award
Albert Yarusso

Atari 2600: Best Homebrew
1) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games
2) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to make sure I have the latest Released Rom of this game for round 2 of the Harmony Games.
@Thomas Jentzsch, told me in another post that the finished version rom won't be available so is version 2 demo that was used in
Atari Awards this year the latest version or is the another  version.
He also told me to try wild 1 setting but I saw this mentioned

SPECIAL FEATURES (not in demo version)

The WILD modes add obstacles which can block your path, and changes enemy behavior. Try the fun of discovery!

Please help!

Sorry, I simply forgot that he final ROM is not released and that there is no mode selection in the demo.

For now, you have to play the demo, which most likely will result into a test of stamina. The difficulty maxes out soon and from then on you can play forever. Probably not a ROM well suited for a contest like this. Sorry again.

I will ask Al and Oscar about a release date for the final ROM. IMO the sooner the better, but there are probably good reasons to postpone further.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

19 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Sorry, I simply forgot that he final ROM is not released and that there is no mode selection in the demo.

For now, you have to play the demo, which most likely will result into a test of stamina. The difficulty maxes out soon and from then on you can play forever. Probably not a ROM well suited for a contest like this. Sorry again.

I will ask Al and Oscar about a release date for the final ROM. IMO the sooner the better, but there are probably good reasons to postpone further.

thanks thomas,  if the final version isn't out by the start of the round we will figure it out how to play as long it has scores and lives its good.

7 minutes ago, Dan Iacovelli said:

thanks thomas,  if the final version isn't out by the start of the round we will figure it out how to play as long it has scores and lives its good.

I remember playing the demo version on ZPH one show and I had to stop playing as it was too easy to keep looping the game forever. You'll probably have to get creative with the rules on this one. ? 

36 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I remember playing the demo version on ZPH one show and I had to stop playing as it was too easy to keep looping the game forever. You'll probably have to get creative with the rules on this one. ? 

I'll give the  demo version 2 try today to figure out something prob best score in certain time or maybe reuse the rules from last years games when it won best WIP

18 minutes ago, Dan Iacovelli said:

I'll give the  demo version 2 try today to figure out something prob best score in certain time or maybe reuse the rules from last years games when it won best WIP

How about highest points by level [x]? They can send in the picture/video of the level end summary on level [x].

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be trying for a high score in Aardvark as part of the 2020 Harmony Games LIVE on tomorrow's (Wed Apr 15) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, chewy said:

i cant ever seem to get past that 1st little blue guy that kills you when he hits your tounge, even if tounge is fully retracted.  is there a way to kill those guys or how does that work

You can only kill them from behind. Or, they'll pass by your tongue harmlessly if the tip of the tongue is on a different floor.

• Like 1