IGNORED

NanoPEB - new revision received

acadiel

Received a new revision NanoPEB that looks a lot neater/nicer than previous ones.

Has 6 chips:

• TMS9902 DIP (instead of TMS9901) apparently paired with a MAX3232 SOIC chip. Silk screened "TMS9902" and "MAX3232"
  • UM62256EM-70 SOIC 32K RAM chip. Silk screened "RAM"
  • 32 pin AT29C020 256K PLCC flash chip. He has a label that says "906-1005-17 CS=B050 2.06" on it. Silk screened "FLASH"
  • 14 pin TI 74HC00 SOIC logic chip. Silk screened "GATES"
  • XILinx XC9536 44 PIN PLCC chip. Labeled "AHWPT © 01 LUC" on it.

Other components:

• 44 PIN IDE right angle connector
  • DB9 male connector
  • TI console connector
  • Switch
  • Power supply adapter
  • 100uf capacitor (silk screened C1)

Seriously, that's it. Very well laid out.

Anyone know if the TMS9902/MAX3232 combo is going to create issues with any of our telecom programs?

• Like 1

As someone who is waiting for one to arrive myself and have no clue how to use it, perhaps you can post about the experience.

Plugging it in, powering up, apps to use locally and where to get them. Connecting to pc, internet, Etc...

?? Please??

:)

Edited by Sinphaltimus

As someone who is waiting for one to arrive myself and have no clue how to use it, perhaps you can post about the experience.

Plugging it in, powering up, apps to use locally and where to get them. Connecting to pc, internet, Etc...

?? Please??

:)

Hi, do you have the manual ?

Received a new revision NanoPEB that looks a lot neater/nicer than previous ones.

Has 6 chips:

Other components:

Hi,

can you take some pics if possible ? This is for the players :)

So, are we going to call it "NanoPEB v3" ?

thx

So, are we going to call it "NanoPEB v3" ?

Please, let us not confuse folks! This is a nanoPEB v1 per the manufacturer, Jaime Malilong, because it has the same TMS9902 UART and DSR as the first incarnation of the nanoPEB v1 device. It is true that the hardware has been revised and may even be so indicated on the PCB, but it is still nanoPEB v1.

...lee

• Like 2

Please, let us not confuse folks! This is a nanoPEB v1 per the manufacturer, Jaime Malilong, because it has the same TMS9902 UART and DSR as the first incarnation of the nanoPEB v1 device. It is true that the hardware has been revised and may even be so indicated on the PCB, but it is still nanoPEB v1.

...lee

Yes, it was getting confusing because I didn't know what I had. Was v1 the original and these latest ebay ones are v2? There's no mention of v2 on the website. I just assumed it was a v2 and all the v1 stuff is supposed to work with it. Maybe the website hasn't been updated because of that fact, etc...

So thanks for clearing this up Lee.

Yes, it was getting confusing because I didn't know what I had. Was v1 the original and these latest ebay ones are v2? There's no mention of v2 on the website. I just assumed it was a v2 and all the v1 stuff is supposed to work with it. Maybe the website hasn't been updated because of that fact, etc...

So thanks for clearing this up Lee.

Yeah...The nanoPEB v2 is so named because it has a 16550 UART and the DSR's name for the com port is COM1. The v1 has the TI-99/4A's names for the com port, viz., SIO, RS232 and RS232/1,

...lee

Just for comparison purposes, the non QI version. Not much changed; just some minor changes in the RS232 chip, the SRAM, and the EPROM. The TMS9902, 74HC00, and XILinx are identical. The TI port connector was chopped off at one end and expoxy'd (very nice job, I might add).

• TMS9902 DIP (instead of TMS9901) apparently paired with a ST232CN DIP chip.
  • 32K RAM chip unknown. Appears to be a 28 pin 32K SRAM. Underneath EPROM.
  • 32 pin M27C1001 128K DIP EPROM.
  • 14 pin TI 74HC00 SOIC logic chip. On back of board. Logic gates.
  • XILinx XC9536 44 PIN PLCC chip.

bc41538dfc75448173f97ab93e2e9a68.jpg

ffbc75ac2978f2b8673923bf046943d5.jpg

• Like 3

You mentioned using the 9902 instead of the 9901, but the 9902 is a UART while the 9901 is a CRU device interface, timer, and interrupt generator. Was the 9901 ever used in a different capacity?

I might have misspoken there. For some reason, I thought the even earlier revs might have had a 9901 on board. Anyone have detailed pics of the parallel board?

• 1 month later...