IGNORED

Sears Sixer

Galactus

Your appears to be a light sixer (a bit hard to see the unit, but the corners do not look rounded).

The following link provides a more detailed explanation: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/198275-heavy-vs-light-sixer-differences-revisited-more-than-a-thick-base/?hl=+heavy%20+vs%20+light%20+sixer

• Like 1

Crap. I wonder if they shipped them this way. It's already bugging me. ;)

Maybe when they transitioned from one model to another, there might have been some overlap or extra boxes. I know Atari one time depicted a heavy 4-switch unit on the box, but never made them afaik.

Are there any serial number stickers on the box that can match the console?

post-22383-0-02718300-1481160100_thumb.jpg

Both Sears and Atari commonly used old pictures on their boxes when they redesigned systems. I'm sure it's the original box.

I can't find any serial # on the box, as Keatah suggested. The model # of the system on the box doesn't even match the console. I think you may be right, though. I hope so, anyway. I've found 3 others that were sold with the same box. Curiously, mine came with owner's manuals for 2 different models, one dated 1978 and one 1980. Something I'll try to figure out at some point.

Edited by Galactus

The VCS featured on the box for the light sizer is also a heavy. I guess that Atari didn't really bother updating the box, other than to get rid of the chess piece as part of that lawsuit they lost...

I think I've even seen a box for the 4-switch woody that I swear looks like it has the 4-switch panel super-imposed over the original picture of a light sixer. If only they had PhotoShop back then, lol.

• Like 1