IGNORED

Maxximum Confusion

The Maxx

In DPC+, is compiling for PAL systems as simple as changing "set tv ntsc" to "set tv pal"? Both versions of my game seem to run fine in Stella, but I cannot test on a PAL system. Are there any PAL users with a Harmony cartridge that might be interested in testing a ROM for me?

Also, I have an explosion sound effect on channel 0 that seems to be affecting the volume level of channel 1. I don't know if it is just my hardware... or? It's probably my code, but I have been through it a few times and cannot see what I have done. It works as expected in Stella.

There are 2 kinds of PAL, actually more, but in regard to 2600 games - 2 kinds.

•Traditionally, PAL-B used in Europe and Australia displays at 50Hz, and has more scan lines than NTSC. This is what bB will make if you "set TV to PAL".

•Modern PAL displays are capable of 60Hz, and nearly the same as NTSC except it uses the same PAL color palette. If you just changed game colors to use the PAL palette that would be PAL-60.

I have Harmony, Harmony Encore, & Harmony Concerto, and I just got a PAL Atari and have a PAL capable display ( Crosley Retro LCD TV ) but the Atari needs Composite modded because the TV lacks a PAL channel 2/3 tuner.

• Like 1

Good information! Thanks, man!

If I was to start this game over, I'd make so many game design decisions differently. I jumped right in and everything kind of got duct taped on. Hahaha. I know there are sooo many things I could optimize if I wasn't so lazy.

I don't know what game this thread is for.

The bombing game?

These last few posts are about the bombing game, yes. It has been a long process because I've all but completely lost interest in programming, but there is a deadline on this going to cartridge.

I'm going to play tomorrow morning and see if I can't optimize some things and figure out the sound issue.

Edited by mojofltr

• 4 weeks later...

So, I am an idiot when it comes to these things...

I have six games that I have built with the DPC+ kernel. If I wanted someone make a physical cartridge of one or all of these, would I need to use Melody boards?

Thanks in advance for any information... I have been searching about the internet, but like I said, I am pretty thick... and I don't understand most of this stuff. ;)

So, I am an idiot when it comes to these things...

I have six games that I have built with the DPC+ kernel. If I wanted someone make a physical cartridge of one or all of these, would I need to use Melody boards?

Thanks in advance for any information... I have been searching about the internet, but like I said, I am pretty thick... and I don't understand most of this stuff. ;)

Here in the AtariAge Store.

You want to order a custom, one-off cart.

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=949

Just follow the steps. Order and pay, then email the bin and the artwork files.

You will have to select Melody for DPC+ games.

That's $30 per game with your label design, unless you are a member - then you save $1.50 per cart.

post-29575-0-38591100-1504704269.jpg

post-29575-0-11244200-1504704314_thumb.png

• Like 1