Atari Flashback 2+

AtGames

Atari Flashback 3

Atari Flashback 4 - Taito

Atari Flashback 5 - M Network

Intellivision Flashback

ColecoVision Flashback

Atari Flashback 6 - Indy 500

Atari Flashback 8 Gold Activision Edition - Pending (2017)

Atari Flashback Portable - Frogger (2016)

Atari Flashback Portable 2.0 - Pac-Man, Namco & Activision (2017)

Other

Jakks TV Games

Atari Plug & Play

Joystick

Paddle

Activision

Namco Plug & Play

Ms. Pac-Man GameKey

Super Pac-Man

Retro Arcade featuring Pac-Man

Retro Arcade featuring Space Invaders

Capcom

The Price Is Right

Techno Source

Intellivision 10

Intellivision 10 2nd Edition

Activision

Basic Fun!

Atari Plug & Play Game - Target (2017)

Q*Bert Mini Arcade Game - Walmart (2017)

Radica Space Invaders

Mammoth Toys C64 Direct-to-TV

Konami Collector's Series: Majesco's TV Arcade Advanced

Bandai Namco Pac-Man Connect & Play

NES Classic Edition

Edited by TrekkiELO
  • Like 1

Wow, that's a lot of plug and plays! Now I'll have to get a list of the ones I own, lol. I remember owning a few, however, for a short period of time once I realized the poor quality of the majority of these things. I had a pinball one from Jakks, but the games themselves were just lacking...no real excitement, nothing that could be infinitely done better on a console. Then there was the first iteration of the Jakks Golden Tee...again, the graphics and gameplay were lacking. There was apparently a newer version, but by then I was done with plug and plays. Maybe it was better, who knows. I had a Tetris one that I gave to a friend...it had a unique set of controllers that looked like Tetrinoes, and you twisted the stick to actually turn the pieces in the game. Sounds cool, but makes the game far more difficult, far more quickly. I kinda wish I still kept it for the novelty look of those controllers, but the gameplay just wasn't there.

• Like 1

Q*Bert Mini Arcade Game - Walmart (2017)

Waaaaaait a minute--that's not a plug-n-play! Given that it can't plug into a TV, it very quickly misses the plug-n-play requirements. ;)

I had a pinball one from Jakks, but the games themselves were just lacking...no real excitement, nothing that could be infinitely done better on a console.

I remember you posting about your disappointment with that pinball unit, in my thread with my FAQ/strategy guide for it. Personally, I enjoyed the system's three tables. They weren't mind-blowingly amazing, sure, but I still liked going after the various table objectives and trying to break my high scores.

Then there was the first iteration of the Jakks Golden Tee...again, the graphics and gameplay were lacking. There was apparently a newer version, but by then I was done with plug and plays. Maybe it was better, who knows.

I know! :) The one that you referred to as "first iteration" is actually not a Jakks product, but rather one by Radica, in 2006. Radica's Golden Tee plays like an 8- or 16-bit-era console golf game. Jakks Pacific's Golden Tee, from 2011, in contrast plays like a mid-90s PC golf game; the courses are 3D maps, and your view when swinging is at ground level, in the direction of the swing, rather than a bird's-eye view of the course. Much more advanced than the Radica rendition.

I had a Tetris one that I gave to a friend...it had a unique set of controllers that looked like Tetrinoes, and you twisted the stick to actually turn the pieces in the game. Sounds cool, but makes the game far more difficult, far more quickly. I kinda wish I still kept it for the novelty look of those controllers, but the gameplay just wasn't there.

I have that Radica Tetris, a souvenir that a friend got me from a computing festival of some sort. It's extremely frustrating to play, because the controller just doesn't want to abide by your inputs.

I got a new addition to my plug-n-play games library just a few days ago, shipped from Japan. I'll post more about it later.

onmode-ky

• Like 1