IGNORED

which Atari 8 bit model?

cubelindo

European - Atari 800XE

or Atari 65XE or Atari 130XE.

128kb ram Atari 130XE is little bit rare.

And there are obly 5% games using A130XE...

So best choice will be 65XE for you.

Also 800XL is nice computer with good

keyboard and original case.

Basically it is same as 65XE but XE series was

newer (looks like ST/STE computers).

Best has replacement cups or springs for both XE keyboard styles. With the cup replacements, the XE keyboard rockets to the top as the best feel Atari keyboard, IMO of course ?

The XE keyboard's with springs we're fantastic when new, but age very poorly. The cup keyboards were mushy out of the gate.

I've found the spring keyboards, so far, only on the 65XEs ... probably just happenstance

I will say that the separate keyboard on the XEGS, if combined with an interface which allows use of a PS/2 keyboard is extremely attractive to me. But socketed ICs are really handy if you ever want to do any internal upgrades.

Question: does the XEGS have an S-video capability? Yes I realize that it was called chroma-luma prior to the introduction of S-video, but they are the same signals.

Best has replacement cups or springs for both XE keyboard styles. With the cup replacements, the XE keyboard rockets to the top as the best feel Atari keyboard, IMO of course

The XE keyboard's with springs we're fantastic when new, but age very poorly. The cup keyboards were mushy out of the gate.

I've found the spring keyboards, so far, only on the 65XEs ... probably just happenstance

I had an early model 130XE with spring keyboard. It was still a bit too mushy and I did the Best Electronics spring upgrade that they were promoting to the ST keyboard community, on my XE, this was way back in the 80's, and with BOTH the new and old springs installed (the Best springs were much larger and easily fit over the original springs) it was an acceptable keyboard, better than anything standard in the XE and ST lines. But still can't compare to the 800 and 1200XL keyboards...ever.

I had an early model 130XE with spring keyboard. It was still a bit too mushy and I did the Best Electronics spring upgrade that they were promoting to the ST keyboard community, on my XE, this was way back in the 80's, and with BOTH the new and old springs installed (the Best springs were much larger and easily fit over the original springs) it was an acceptable keyboard, better than anything standard in the XE and ST lines. But still can't compare to the 800 and 1200XL keyboards...ever.

Mu ultimate keyboard in my Atari, would be a mechanical switch, illuminated keyboard, custom made and fit to the case!

• Like 3