IGNORED

Using Europe 220v Falcon/C-Lab MKX in USA for 110v?

So I see more Falcons or C-Lab based Falcons like the come up for sale. I take it these models from places like UK and Germany are all 220v.

Can they be run with some adapter on 110v in USA?

One day I may pull the trigger on a C-Lab model like the MKX abd would be good to know in advance what I need to do in order to run one in USA.

Thanks, TJ

A 110v supply, a keyboard that's appropriate and set the NVRAM to your region and your ready to go.

Just remember to get a UK or USA version, any other, the keyboard differences are to big. USA keyboards are almost impossible to come by these days.

$75 - $95 for a 110v psu

$95 - $120 for suitable keyboard

You can use a standard ST keyboard

You will probably need to get a new dallas chip or suitable replacement.

The original Hard drives and floppy's are at the end of their life.

and you will want 14 meg ram

Edited by Umberto

At least 14mb of ram is easy enough to get a hold of, but have you seen the prices lately for US keyboard Falcons? I bought mine from a guy on amibay for a 3rd the price a year ago. Granted it has a what I believe originally a Qwertz keyboard (the Y is there, but is clearly shaped differently, like it was from a keyboard that has it on the bottom row), yet the sticker says it's a UK keyboard...

Any one out there with a 3D printer want to print up some falcon colored keys so we can use ST keyboards and have it still look good? I was looking into the process of getting laser etched keys and 3D printing them, that would be pretty awesome. I have a semi screwed up 1040STf that I could steal the keyboard from even.

• Like 1