IGNORED

Castle Conquer (Extended Basic)

Retrospect

..... Castle Conquer ....

Controls:

S - Walk back

D - Walk Forward

W - Jump back (this is needed for one room in particular!)

R - Jump forward

There are 3 difficulty levels, Normal, Daring and Insane. Playing Insane level adds extra arrows on certain screens.

TIP: Dragons aren't always nasty, they can come in handy, especially when you're needing a lift.

post-34058-0-12669000-1481709466_thumb.png

castle conquer.zip <<<< 16K version

CASTLE CONQUER 32K.zip <<<< 32K version

--Coming soon--

Eric In Monsterland

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 8

Very smooth. I can't get past the second screen though!!! Damn arrows... Nicely done :)

Thanks Vorticon. I've a handy tip for screen two .... when it comes on, press S and go back as far as you can ... wait for the 1st arrow to pass the fireball, then as the 2nd arrow passes the fireball, move forward and jump forward ... then keep moving forward and the timing will be just right for you to jump and walk the rest of the way! .... oh and also, if you do get to the maiden, make sure you are walking towards her as you get to her - if you jump into her you'll die. (handling the sprites any other way would have caused a slow-down) :)

Ok. This is fun until it's not. Lol. And I mean it's fun and I had to fight myself to put it down. I can't figure out the level with the chasm. I can get there with all 4 lives on normal setting but no combination of anything I try seems to work at all.

Nothing wrong with the game, I just am stumped at the moment.

I can't seem to figure out how to "catch" the Dragon. My timing is way off I suppose.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Here is some footage of me playing the game , badly, to show what it looks like. (Ok I got that quote from Steve Benway)

Anyhow ... yes ... This video includes the dragon & chasm screen. The idea is to catch the dragon .... you can only do this by jumping forwards at just the right time!

You need to be jumping when the dragon has just disappeared from the right side of the screen to come on to the left side.

• Like 3

I'm not going to watch that (afraid of spoilers) but thanks for the tip. I recorded my first impressions and reactions. I will edit in this new info and my attempts to pass this screen.

I hope to get it all edited and published this weekend but set your expectations really low. I lost my patience with quality video editing game footage.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments and the likes ... I'm glad you've enjoyed this game, I do too although I think insane level is actually impossible.

So with that I've decided, since we have a stock 16k XB game let's go for something we can perhaps put on the Flashroms ... a 32K version, compiled, to run smoother and have more screens ... animated fire in the dragon & chasm screen for instance.

Here's a screenshot of one of the ideas I had, although at this stage I'm unsure what's going to be in the game :)

post-34058-0-50764400-1481917241_thumb.png

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 8

thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it ... cheers for playing ... my lord the ping-outs are terrible on this site lately !

the 32K version is currently being tested - i'm up to the dragon and chasm screen so far.

By the way Luca that game looks brilliant, i look forward to playing it when you've made it :)

if I can't get on here properly again, I'll have to upload the 32K version to the atariage facebook site.

• Like 2

The game is coming on well. I have created the four screens you've seen in post #21 so far, and I've managed to get a ghostly guard with a shield to do his thing all over the screen whilst Eric can move around at the same time. Only left & right movement so far, but it's working.

Here is a short video of it in execution , not compiled yet, running in Basic environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mNOekZvT_k

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 1