IGNORED

The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast

Dauber

Confession time: except for maybe a Beatles cover I heard on the radio, that was the first time I ever heard Smithereens. :) Interestingly, I met Dennis Diken a couple of times about fifteen years ago. (He's a FOAF.)

And he LOOOOOOVES The Beach Boys. :) I got to hang out backstage with them back in '90 after they did a show at Rutgers. It was awesome.

• Like 2

Well, that makes sense, then, that I met him at a Brian Wilson concert in 2000. :) And every other time I saw Brian Wilson in New Jersey or New York, I could spot Dennis Diken a mile away. (He sticks out BIG TIME.) And every. single. time. this dialog happened:

ME: Oh, there's Dennis Diken.

MRS. DAUBER: And he's who when he's at home?

ME: He's in The Smithereens. Remember, Craig introduced us to him?

MRS. DAUBER: Oh. Whatever.

Heh...that same night in 2000, I was just looking around the Arts Center, and...I spotted an obvious Oasis fan a few rows behind us. I had this uncanny ability to identify Oasis fans just by looking at them --- and no, none of them were wearing Oasis t-shirts or anything, they just had a certain look to them. :) (I swear to God, every time -- EVERY TIME -- I'd go up to a stranger and say, "'Scuse me, just curious....are you an Oasis fan?" I'd ALWAYS get, "Yes, I am!") Anyhoo...I remember thinking, "Heh. That Oasis fan kinda looks like Sean Lennon." I'll just leave it at that for now. :)

• Like 2

I've never met a famous musician. The closest I got was when someone at a christian music festival said "Hi" to me whilst I was watching a concert. 90 minutes later, I a different band took the stage, my favorite band at the time, and lo and behold the lead singer was the person who said "Hi" to me.

I think I have related on Pie Factory my brush with greatness with the actor William H. Macy.

Wait, didn't you meet "Weird Al" Yankovic in 1992?? Or did you not make it to Crow's Nest that day?? (I didn't. :( )

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I even got his autograph on a cheeseburger wrapper. Dunno what happened to it.

It's the first day of July. And you know what that means: well...nothing in particular -- except today! Yet another Bob DeCrescenzo arcade conversion. Yet another vector-style graphics game. Yet another Asteroids sequel. Yet another Saturday of fun-filled podcast listening!

http://fab4it.com/homebrew78/media/hbh_episode_014.mp3

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EPISODE 17 HAS BEEN RELEASED.

Jeffrey Lee is a talented artist who is the brains behind Q*Bert. In preparation for the upcoming episode on b*nQ, this crossover episode with Pie Factory Podcast features a talk with Jeff about Q*Bert and other games and works featuring his creativity.

NOTE: If you listen to Pie Factory Podcast, this episode is virtually identical to Pie Factory Podcast episode 60, also released this morning. However, The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast version also includes contest details, including an additional clue not mentioned before!

http://homebrew78.fab4it.com/media/hbh_episode_017.mp3

• Like 2

awww, dangit I wish I could edit the previous post!

Anyway, I just listened to the podcast, and I can only say that Jeff fit in a bit TOO well with you guys, he might as well've been the third host, knowhutimean? ;)

I mean I wouldn't mind a Pie Factory with Inky, Dauber and eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrmmmmdoes Jeff have an AtariAge handle yet? :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Time for episode 21, everyone!

Another homebrew just recently released by AtariAge! (And of course, another Bob DeCrescenzo instant classic!) Is the game worth it even if you hate clowns? Only Sean knows. (Well...and maybe others who have played it.) Coming up in two weeks with episode 22: obesity, Hallowe'en, and...Barbra Streisand???

http://homebrew78.fab4it.com/media/hbh_episode_021.mp3

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 22 of the podcast is out now, officially, as of about 7:30-ish Central time on Saturday. If the episode showed up for you any earlier and was truncated, please re-download it; something went wonky and for some reason on Friday night about 3 megabytes of it got pushed. (I just hope it was the GOOD 3 megabytes!)

Anyway, in episode 22, ex-cukes become purple, a hard rock singer takes on weight, and we throw in a bit of Hallowe’en…because we can.

http://homebrew78.fab4it.com/media/hbh_episode022.mp3

• Like 2