IGNORED

The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast

Dauber

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

What? Time for another episode ALREADY?! Well, Bob DeCrescenzo has DONE IT AGAIN. This time, with some help from Kurt Woloch. In this episode we explore the latest addition to the 7800 homebrew library, the only home conversion of an arcade classic.

https://homebrew78.fab4it.com/media/hbh_episode_0501.mp3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay, got it now. I didn't realize it had downloaded and the Baby montage came up. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until you started talking, even after hearing the excerpt from Just Once In My Life ?

Edited by ferghead
farshimmelt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
It's still summer -- what better time to play miniature golf?

Wait, what?? It's RAINING?? (or it's actually winter in your part of the world?) Well...good news: there's a miniature golf game you can play on your Atari 7800! Here's a new podcast episode about it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Dauber said:
It's still summer -- what better time to play miniature golf?

Wait, what?? It's RAINING?? (or it's actually winter in your part of the world?) Well...good news: there's a miniature golf game you can play on your Atari 7800! Here's a new podcast episode about it!

Great to have you back?  You have learned me on the history of miniature golf as well as, Video61’s game design process and I thank you for that.  I have to admit that I’ve decided to pass on this game although I’ve purchased several games from Video61.  I’ll keep an eye out for the possible sequel.

Here’s hoping our awesome community of developers can keep your podcast going into “…the next presidency and beyond”.

Note: Adding the option to pick up the ball and take a 12 and maxing out at 6/hole would be great updates to this game. I’d buy the game if these two changes were made.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey there, friends...Sean here.

Something I've been thinking a lot about lately...I'm really thinking of doing one more, maybe two more episodes and then ending the podcast. A lot of things have factored into this:

- As it is now, I'm averaging, what? An episode a year?? When I started this podcast, I was doing it biweekly, then monthly, and then...I don't know...life?

- I really want to free myself up for other projects, at least one of which has been in the making for over ten years.

- Zero Page Homebrew really does a much better job at this stuff than I ever can, so I figure...why not let the true experts take care of it?

- I just can't keep up with the pace of the homebrew world right now. There have been a slew of new ones either out or announced since my most recent episode (November 2022!!). And some of those games have been in genres that I just cannot get into, so there's no way I'd be able to do them justice.

- On a technical side...when I started this podcast, I was still kind of new-ish to podcasting, and so I used a quick-and-easy podcasting plugin with my web hosting provider. Sadly, that plugin is extremely out of date and literally does not work with the version of PHP that I use with that service -- for my most recent episode, I literally had to downgrade my version of PHP (meaning any web sites I hosted crashed) to upload the newest episode to the feed, then go back and re-upgrade the PHP version. I could re-work this but it would almost certainly require setting up a new RSS feed and getting people to switch over to that one, which...isn't really worth the hassle.

- And just plain...lack of interest, to be quite honest. I'm still playing the games; I just haven't had the interest or attention span to do the necessary research. And when I do said research, I need to script it out in a podcastable format, find the time to record, and much more difficult: find the time to post-produce. There just aren't enough hours in a day, and most unfortunately, there is only one of me. (If I could have, like, five instances of me, I wouldn't be posting this message!)

I'll keep y'all abreast of what's going on as things happen, but at least as of now, this is where my head is at. Huge thank you to everybody who have been listening, and of course a huge thank you goes out to No Swear Gamer, who got it all started in the first place.

• Sad 1

Understood.  One of your reasons is kind of why I slowed down with my 7800 dev...  there are so many good developers out there, coming up with their own ideas, I can't keep up.

Very sorry to see you go though. :(

Thank you for covering my games (and also using some of my songs in your episode) ;)

It is truly appreciated.

Bob

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Dauber said:

Episode 53: Where I've been, where I am, and where I'm going

Whatever happened to this podcast? Well, listen on and find out! Lotsa new homebrews out, so little time!

http://homebrew78.fab4it.com/index.php?name=hbh_episode_053.mp3

While I'm saddened to hear that this is the end, I totally understand. Thank you so much for doing this podcast as long as you have Sean. I've really enjoyed it. Also thank you for the mention. I don't know that I contributed much, but appreciate the mention. As always, I will continue to follow you and Jim on your Pie Factory Podcast, even if it becomes an annual podcast. 😉

• Like 1