IGNORED

Odyssey2 video output&Quest of the Rings

Gunstar

Ok, the RF picture on my Odyssey2 sucks. Are there video upgrade/mod plans somewhere on the net like those for the Atari consoles? I can make my own, but just following schematics is always easier than working out the mod/circuit yourself. I'd like to do both composite video and s-video, but just composite would be good enough. Help please!

Also, anyone have a copy of 'Quest of the Rings' for sale? I'll pay good money for a copy or offer a good trade. Better deal if it's complete with the board and keyboard overlay too! :D

It's funny dude cuz I also own an Odyssey2 with 16 loose games.

Cheers on your Odyssey2. They are fun little systems and though the graphics are really simple, I had fun playing the many games I have for mine.

No Quest for the Rings. I haven't been looking for o2 carts for a long time.

Oh, and the INTV you traded me works great. I got 5 more games for it today and now I have 26 games altogether..with a few duplicates.

If your video is unacceptable, you're probably better off trying for a new RF switch rather than trying to mod the O2... bad RF switches can easily degrade the picture quality, try finding a new one at Radio Shack or wherever and see if it gets any better.

I never really understood the point of trying to get a slightly better picture out of a system that has such a low resolution in the first place... but oh well.

By the way, the O2 rocks... I only have a handful of games for mine, but it's a kick-ass system that doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

--Zero

I recall my Odyssey2 always had a very good picture, better

than other coax consoles in terms of RF noise. So if there's a problem

it isn't a design problem. I'd say a bad RF switch. Might want to

replace that or better yet use the direct F connector.

If that doesn't fix it, look inside for a bad solder point. I once

had a CoCo whose picture went bad. It was just a solder point

going loose. Look for something like that and re-solder it.

But apparantly the composite mod is very easy on the Odyssey

so maybe you might want to go ahead and do it if you'll be

warming up the soldering iron anyway...

Yes, Lemmi, that's what I'm looking for, but apparently I can get what I'm looking for at 2600.com! :D

thanks for the mod Jsoper! Just what I'm looking for...sorry guys if I "offend" by prefering video output, but I've gotten used to it and I have video swithch boxes and remotes to control all my other systems and having to use a coax again just isn't the way I want to go. Video mods are generally VERY easy, and doesn't "ruin" the system in anyway, but improve it, except to the purist, which I am not (necessarily), I generally get two of everything eventually, one to leave stock, and one to mod and improve. I have video output on my (one of) 2600, 5200, 7800 and C-380 video pinball and they all look and work great and I intend to do it to my O2! :P I think I'm going to really enjoy this old machine!

my next purchase is Quest for the Rings on my O2!

Kepone,glad to hear your (my ex) INTV is still working great after shipping! I'm looking for another now! I'm loving the 1200XL and it works great (after the first minor bump), I'm getting ready to do a memory upgrade (to 1 megabyte) and a video IMPROVEMENT mod to it, since the current video isn't as crisp and clean as my 130XE's. I already did a PAL-NTSC Antic chip mod to it, so it works perfectly low with 100% of NTSC software and 99% of the PAL software! Loving those Euro games right now! 8) :D

The pictured game is missing the removeable plastic cover from the token tray.

nope its not, it is totally complete, im just to lazy to dig out the box the game is in and take a better picture :D

Archived