IGNORED

Snowman (WIP)

atari2600land

Here is the starting intro for a new game I'm making inspired by the big snowstorm we had here. And by "snowstorm," I mean 4 inches, which may not be a lot for you, but it is for me. Anyway, the Snowman (unnamed, but I won't name him Frosty), appears magically after the snowstorm ends. And I don't know what Mr. Snowman will do exactly. Any ideas would be appreciated. This is all I have so far. I don't know what I'm doing here.

snow2.bin

Here is the starting intro for a new game I'm making inspired by the big snowstorm we had here. And by "snowstorm," I mean 4 inches, which may not be a lot for you, but it is for me. Anyway, the Snowman (unnamed, but I won't name him Frosty), appears magically after the snowstorm ends. And I don't know what Mr. Snowman will do exactly. Any ideas would be appreciated. This is all I have so far. I don't know what I'm doing here.

Hmmm. How about:

- Playfield is all snow on the ground initially

- Snowman starts out as one flake

- Snowman accumulates snow off the ground, growing in size as it does and leaving black (bare ground) where it used to be white

- Goal is to clean entire screen of snow, but Snowman speed decreases with size

- Random areas of screen which were black become white again as new snow falls

- Bonus items (carrot? charcoal? scarf?) randomly and momentarily appear around the screen, offering temporary speed boost

- New level starts with each one cleared. New snow falls faster with each level. Levels are "timed", but the time is a descending temperature (ala "Frostbite")

Just some thoughts off the top of my head. I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to code any of this.

I've decided I'm going to make the game like the classic game Moon Patrol, where you shoot snowflakes above you and jump over pits and stuff. Here is what I have so far. You can press Action to start at any time, but all the main game is now is forever test scrolling.

snow3.bin