IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 30 is up!

Rick Reynolds

I just caught up on the podcast, and I wanted to say I didn't find this segment entertaining. Yeah, it's a card game, but Rick clearly is enthusiastic about it and he had something worthwhile to say. The 'douchey' behavior got in the way. I would have enjoyed it better if Rick had done the segment by himself.

Fair enough. My sense of humor doesn't appeal to everyone.

Just to clarify, my thinking wasn't to slam Rick, who is a fantastic game reviewer (and the show wouldn't be what it is without him) - but to keep people listening who may have otherwise tuned out if it were simply 45 minutes of uninterrupted card game talk.

Perhaps I got a little carried away. As I said, it wasn't really planned out, it just sort of happened. But a big part of our show is good natured / sarcastic ribbing, so I don't imagine people were taken aback by it.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 1

@atarifan88 - funny! I'm sure Paul was trying to do exactly what you're describing. I did in fact wonder if I went into too much detail after listening to the final episode. I really like having a serious deep-dive into all these games, but I wondered if the whole community was listening and thinking "ok Rick, we get it... let it die already!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No worries Rick. I still listened to the episode because you all can still make an ordinary game episode entertaining. That's what keeps me coming back. I have games on the INTV that I like and dislike. I look forward to the episodes of the games I love. The ones I don't I still listen to the other segments of interest in that episode. Not many podcasts can deliver like you guys do!

• Like 1

Yeah, I am waiting for the LTO FLASH upgrade that will allow online connections.

In the meantime, I think we'll need to break out a deck of cards at the next PRGE ☺️

The problem with playing cards with Rick is that the cards get all greasy from the Cheez-its. ?

• Like 1

Perhaps I got a little carried away. As I said, it wasn't really planned out, it just sort of happened. But a big part of our show is good natured / sarcastic ribbing, so I don't imagine people were taken aback by it.

Just to clarify - I wasn't put off by the ribbing you were giving Rick - the humor didn't work for me and it was hard for me to follow what Rick was saying, and I wanted to hear what he had to say.

Thanks to you, Rick, Will and CMart for the work you put into the podcast.

Just to clarify - I wasn't put off by the ribbing you were giving Rick - the humor didn't work for me and it was hard for me to follow what Rick was saying, and I wanted to hear what he had to say.

Thanks to you, Rick, Will and CMart for the work you put into the podcast.

Understood, and I appreciate the feedback.

Unfortunately, I think it was hard for Rick to follow what Rick was saying too (which I realized more as I was editing and putting the episode together).

I think I adequately expressed my lack of interest in the game being discussed - [unintentionally] at Rick's expense. But Rick is a good sport, and succeeded despite my childish antics. Going forward, I don't expect you'll hear anything else like that during a review.

And I'd offer to send you the unedited version of the review, but that was pretty much what you heard in the episode already.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I think it was hard for Rick to follow what Rick was saying too (which I realized more as I was editing and putting the episode together).

Heh, there were a couple of points where I was having to concentrate a bit harder to keep my train of thought going... :)

• Like 1

LOL. Cmart seems to be on a mission to associate me with as many non-sequitur random items as he can! Penny Farthings... Cheez-Its... I doubt he's done... :)

Lol! We haven't even begun to discuss your pet lemur. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was informed that a nerd from Intv Prime ran all over the UK last week, looking to challenge George of the podcast to Intellivision games.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/854399293985366016

All the regular audio for ep31 has been recorded (news, feedback, game review, etc.) and Paul is editing. I don't know the status of a programmer interview.

• Like 2