IGNORED

What has happened the last year(2016)?

Dexter

What has happened the last year(2016)?
Due to serious health problems I was absent the last year. However, after a successful lung transplant, I’m recovering slowly but surely. I’ve forgotten a lot, but have been catching up for the last few weeks by lurking here and there.

What I’ve discovered are the following:

Hardware:
Replica

• TI-99/4A Pipistrello FPGA board

Cartridges

• FlashROM 99

Expansions

• 32k sidecar memory expansion

Adapters

• Joystick adapter

Software:
Games

• Break Free

Demos

• Super TI-99 Mario Bros

Applications native on TI-99/4A

• RXB 2016
  • Editor / Assembler IV

Applications on the PC for the TI-99/4A

• BASIC / XB Translator (TidBit)

I’m sure I’ve missed a few things, so please tell me! :)

• Like 8

The return of the 1MB SuperAMS memory board.

The UberGROM image for Tutankham, using recently discovered original Parker Brothers code.

Rasmus' Atarisoft Compilation cartridge with all 14 known Atarisoft titles (including two prototypes).

Both cartridges run from the bare console, without memory expansion.

Welcome back Dexter! :) :) :)

• Like 3

2016? Are you guys all living in some sci-fi wonderworld fantasy??

I turn on my computer and it clearly states that the year is 1981, just as it has been for as long as I can remember!

I am still 26 years old, and my svelt wife's nay-nays are still deliciously perky. Pierre Elliott Trudeau is the Prime Minister of Canada, Ronald Regan is President, and Ronald Regan in drag (calls himself Margaret Thatcher) is the Prime Minister of the UK.

Journey's "Escape" is the number 1 album, and Raiders of the Lost Ark continues to break box office records.

A terrorist is a 2 year old who had a favorite toy taken away and the worlds greatest threat to peace is Leonid Brezhnev (long before any Russian president had a bromance with a President elect) .

For my birthday, I bought myself a Texas Instrument Home Computer.

So if you want to live in some Futureworld from the 21st century, you go right ahead, but I am content to celebrate New Year's 1981 again next week!

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 7

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!

Wow, a lot more to discover:

• Snake Plissken
  • Bubbles
  • Parallax Starfield
  • Wizard's Doom
  • Castle Conquer
  • Tutankham
  • 1MB SuperAMS
  • Rasmus' Atarisoft Compilation
  • Rasmus' 8 n 1 Cartridge
  • fbForth2.0:9

@ti99iuc
Well essentially all is going well, but I wish recovering would go faster. However, in February I expect to go in rehab for two months, which will speed up a lot.

@Davvel
Yes, I like Break Free, it’s formidabile!

@PeBo

2016? Are you guys all living in some sci-fi wonderworld fantasy??

Nope, I was just dreaming abaut a future, say 2016, and thinking out loud what new things could be invented. See you tomorrow 25 dec. 1981.

• Like 3

Thanks Dexter for creating this thread - as a newcomer to the TI99er community I find this very interesting and useful to have a snapshot of 2016. Even if this comes late, happy new year 2017!

To elaborate a bit on my TI-99/4A hardware projects, there actually were two for 2016:

• The Pipistrello board based 64M memory extension with some bells and whistles
  • The TMS99105 based TI-99/4A clone aka replica
  • Like 1

What an achievements in one year!!!
To summarize:

Hardware:
FPGA projects

• Pipistrello FPGA board based 64M memory extension

• TMS99105 based TI-99/4A replica

Cartridges

• FlashROM 99
Expansions
• 32k sidecar memory expansion
Adapters
• Joystick adapter

Software:
Games
• Break Free
• Snake Plissken
• Wizard's Doom
• Castle Conquer
• UberGROM image for Tutankham
• Rasmus' Atarisoft Compilation
• Rasmus' 8 n 1 Cartridge
• Nonogram
• Jet Pac
• Squary

Demos
• Super TI-99 Mario Bros
• Bubbles
• Parallax Starfield

Applications native on TI-99/4A
• RXB 2016
• Editor / Assembler IV
• fbForth2.0:9
• 80 column “MENU” for F18a/v9938
• TIMXT - F18a high speed terminal emulation
• S&T BBS software updates

Applications on the PC for the TI-99/4A
• BASIC / XB Translator (TidBit)

@ sometimes99er
Technically Squary is developed in 2016??? :)

@speccery
I like those hardware projects, especially injecting memory from the PC to the TI on the fly. It’s perfect for developing software!

• Like 3

OMG! I just realized no one mentioned « Tex Turbo (and the Big Bug Battles) »!! From new release to my top 10 TI games list over a single night (of no sleep)!

And the fact that it included « Mad Marvin's Great Escape » (which had been on that list for some time) on the same cart made it even better!

With his name, he could have been a hockey superstar, but kinda glad that Marc Hull became a 4A superstar instead.

• Like 3

OMG! I just realized no one mentioned « Tex Turbo (and the Big Bug Battles) »!! From new release to my top 10 TI games list over a single night (of no sleep)!

And the fact that it included « Mad Marvin's Great Escape » (which had been on that list for some time) on the same cart made it even better!

With his name, he could have been a hockey superstar, but kinda glad that Marc Hull became a 4A superstar instead.

Great game(s) and prob a few still available!

• Like 1

It seems not be that easy to summarize what has happened in 2016. Also to mention are Schmitzi’s lists and the FlashROM 99 - Image Repository.

And it just keeps coming!!!

@Asmusr
Those F18A demos look amazing. I think you’re close to the C64 demo scene programming skills!

@mizapf
I had TIImageTool version 2.0.2, and I downloaded 2.4 December 2016. Great application!

@Pebo and marc.hull
Tex Turbo and the Big Bug Battles indeed are incredible!

Thanks :). Only one of them "Formula 18A demo 2" requires the F18A. The others run on the old hardware.

I don't mind telling you, I was so excited when I thought that was going to be more than a demo. With your "Mojo Magic" on the F18A, I've come to realize there is little that cannot be done.

• Like 1

I don't mind telling you, I was so excited when I thought that was going to be more than a demo. With your "Mojo Magic" on the F18A, I've come to realize there is little that cannot be done.

I'm still planning on turning the non-F18A version (that you see under Formula 18A demo 4) into a playable game. As you know I already added other cars to it. I need to give it another name to avoid confusion with the F18A demo. This project is one reason I would like a 512K FlashROM. Another is for the Megademo to be released at the end of the month.

• Like 5

Only one of them "Formula 18A demo 2" requires the F18A. The others run on the old hardware.

That’s even more amazing, I can’t believe the plasma demo is TMS9918 only!

Edited by Dexter

Rasmus, I suck at searching these forums....is the plasma demo posted somewhere here...

Need something new to replace "Saver" and the minimalist brilliance of Four Bouncing Balls (fantastic little demo/screen saver that one!), and plasma looks so schweet that it would be perfect as a cool addition.

Is it in your demo compilation? Don't remember seeing it there.