IGNORED

In-Package Materials Listing

the1hatman

Is there any sort of database for original materials that came in certain releases of games/items? This subject occurred to me when I opened my Christmas present to myself, a sealed copy of Space Spartans that does not have the Running Man logo on the back of the box. Instead of the tall blue Intellivoice catalog it had the G3 version of Mattel's catalog inside instead.

Box: 3416-0910 - has no Mattel Electronics Running Man logo on the back, no cart tray (built in retention), USA copyright 1982

Overlays: 3416-4289 - were not connected and only 1 protector sheet between them, USA copyright 1981

Manual: 3416-0920 USA copyright 1982

Game Catalog: 0007-3350G3 USA copyright 1982

Cartridge: no pat number but had the USA copyright 1979 stamp on the bottom and the full size gold label with USA copyright 1981

I realize finding this information requires opening original sealed items but I figure I can't be the only one that does this.

This was mentioned before in another thread, but I don't think much came of it. There are so many variations for some games and many have had their components mixed up through the years. I like the idea of keeping a database (Rev?) for reporting accurate inventory (part numbers, catalogs, etc) for newly opened games.

I have all four box variations that Intvfunhouse has listed. I probably mixed up the catalogs, though.

Edit: http://www.intvfunhouse.com/games/sprt.php

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

We started listing some of the catalogs and boxes that we knew of here.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242505-catalog-madness/

I think the G3 catalog booklet and the blue intellivoice pamphlet were only printed in the US so I don't think you would find them in the Hong Kong versions of those games. I wouldn't be surprised if that same box is also found with the blue intellivoice pamphlet or cat 0007-3350A, but only one way to be sure; can't assume anything.

Edited by mr_me

I remember that discussion. Our best bet is to just start logging contents as each of us opens a sealed game going forward. This may sound like sacrilege to some collectors but I always open my games and play them as originally intended on an actual console. I have a few sealed games on the way and when they arrive I'll post what I find inside them here.

• Like 1

UTOPIA

Box: 5149-0910 - has no cart tray (built in retention), USA copyright 1981

Overlays: 5149-4289 - were not connected and had 2 protector sheets between them, USA copyright 1981

Manual: 5149-0920 USA copyright 1981

Cartridge: no part number but had the Mattel copyright 1979 stamp on the bottom and the full size label with USA but no copyright

LOCK 'N" CHASE

Box: 5637-0910-G1 - has no cart tray (built in retention), USA copyright 1982

Overlays: 5637-4289 - were not connected and had 2 protector sheets between them, Data East copyright 1981 & 1982, Mattel USA copyright 1982

Manual: 5637-0920 USA copyright 1982, red & blue version

Cartridge: no part number but had the Mattel copyright 1979 stamp on the bottom and the smaller size label with Data East copyright 1981 & 1982, Mattel USA copyright 1982

FROG BOG

Box: 5301-0910 - has no cart tray (built in retention), USA copyright 1982

Overlays: 5301-4289 - 3 OVERLAYS were not connected and had 3 protector sheets between them, Mattel USA copyright 1982

Manual: 5301-0920 USA copyright 1982, green & black version

Game Catalog: 0007-3350A USA copyright 1982

Cartridge: no part number but had the USA copyright 1979 stamp on the bottom and the full size label with USA but no copyright

Very happy to see 3 overlays packed into this one. Pretty sure that's just a factory error but I had never seen that happen before now.

BEAMRIDER

Box: M-005-02 - Activision copyright 1983

Overlays: M-005-05 - Activision USA copyright 1983

Manual: M-005-03 Activision USA copyright 1983

Game Catalog: NONE PRESENT

Cartridge: M-005-04 with Activision copyright 1983 on label

A little surprised there was no game catalog with this copy. I expected to see the blue 1983 Activision one in there.

Edited by the1hatman