IGNORED

Elektronite Cartridge Version D1K Arcade ROM

Any advantage of using a CC3 over the LTO? I can't think of anything other than nostalgia. :)

Its compatible with any computer and operating system that can read the memory card [if you know how to update the menu file].

If the flash memory ever fails it can be replaced (not suggesting lto flash flash memory is likely to fail).

Edited by mr_me

Its compatible with any computer and operating system that can read the memory card [if you know how to update the menu file].

If the flash memory ever fails it can be replaced (not suggesting lto flash flash memory is likely to fail).

The flash memory failing on LTO Flash! is very remote. Countless reads and writes were done as a test with no issues. Certainly more than would be done in a lifetime of use.

On the other hand, the CC3's physical SD slot can and does fail. There is also the fact that the CC3 is finicky with the type of SD card that it can use....bigger than 2GB? Forget it. Sourcing compatible SD carts might be difficult in the coming years.

Yeah, I guess if you are stuck on a non Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 or a MAC, then probably you could say that was an 'advantage' considering that it is compatible with your system, but the funky craptacular menu system is a bear to work around.

You have to know how the menu system works to set it up properly.

Sure, there is a windows GUI for the CC3, which is nasty, but works....but then there goes the 'advantage'.

On the other hand, a clear advantage to LTO Flash! is that it supports games like The Lost Caves of Kroz, Old School, Match 5, and the still being worked on Defender of the Crown. When the ROMS for these games get released, they will not support the CC3, because it doesn't support the JLP.

I already unloaded one of my CC3's as soon as I got my LTO Flash!. I probably will get rid of my second unit soon.