IGNORED

New cartridge colors

PkK

Those colors are looking awesome! I have been a bit out of the loop lately. Are you planning on any new game releases soon? I am a huge fan of your games. Either way, thank you for your contributions to the scene.

Currently the only game project that is likely to result in a release in 2017 is Io. It would get yellow cartridges. I also have game ideas for the black, brown, green, blue and purple cases, but those are still further from completion.

Philipp

• Like 1

Besides the colors shown here, there will also be gray. I might take another picture when I get the first gray ones.

There are very few red ones left. I did not order more.

Philipp

P.S.: On my notebook screen, the picture looks a bit less colorfull than the cartridges, especially for the green ones. Maybe I'll take another photo one under different light conditions.

The real colors are close to:

RAL 9005 Jet black
RAL 5021 Water blue
RAL 8002 Signal brown
RAL 6029 Mint green
RAL 1016 Sulfur yellow
RAL 4009 Pastel violet

and for the ones I don't have yet:

RAL 7047 Telegrey 4

Just curious: Are these the only colors you could get? I'm wondering if dark blue is available...

Nice colors, anyway. :)

Diffrent colors could have been chosen. I did choose black, since it is mostly okay for any game, and is by far the most popular among buyers of the Homebrew kits. I did choose the other colors since they match well with games that I intend to release in the future.

The cases I ordered now will last a long time, so there probably will be no additional colors in the next few years.

Philipp

The colors in this picture look much much better than the ones in the first post.

Both pictures were taken in the same place, in the middle of the same table. The first with natural light from the sides on a cloudy day only. The second with additional artificial light from the top (i.e. I switched on the light in the room). When I get the gray cases, I'll update http://www.colecovision.eu/ColecoVision/development/Homebrew%20kit.shtml with a picture including all colors.

Philipp

Both pictures were taken in the same place, in the middle of the same table. The first with natural light from the sides on a cloudy day only. The second with additional artificial light from the top (i.e. I switched on the light in the room). When I get the gray cases, I'll update http://www.colecovision.eu/ColecoVision/development/Homebrew%20kit.shtml with a picture including all colors.

Philipp

Not sure what kind of camera you are using, but maybe it has a way of adjusting the white balance? Your colors would be a lot more accurate that way.