IGNORED

Favorite 2600 Model

Atarikid96

From a practical perspective, the 4 switch woody is your best overall bet. Six switch models have a heavier rf shield, which seems to make for a tight fit on later games. I've even seen a few labels with scrape damage. The vaders I've opened all had soldered chips, making it harder to replace or diagnose a bad TIA or whichever. And the only consoles I've ever found in the wild that were DOA were jrs.

4 switch woody is inexpensive, reliable, easy to fix, and easier to find. Having said that, I usually use a 7800.

• Like 3

I'm wondering more about to where to put the cartridge...

I'm sure there's a special "slot" for that. You really have to spend quite some time tweaking her difficulty switches in just the right way for it to open. Some models are easier to access than others. If at first you don't succeed, try try again... :grin: :thumbsup:

I'm sure there's a special "slot" for that. You really have to spend quite some time tweaking her difficulty switches in just the right way for it to open. Some models are easier to access than others. If at first you don't succeed, try try again... :grin: :thumbsup:

The rarer ones have the dust-cover over the cartridge-slots...

• Like 1

My favorites, in order are:

Heavy six - I just always liked working on them, I like the board layout. They are laid out to be repaired with a scope.

Tele Games light six - build quality

4 switch woody with ver 8 board - superb quality build and components, but I don't find them as attractive as the six switch models. I have never seen that many, production run was shorter than other versions. When one hits my bench it makes me smile :-)

• Like 1