IGNORED

PArsec for 2600

hloberg

I'd love to do an Android version :)

Time is against me at the moment, as can happen to us hobbyist programmers... If anyone wants to volunteer I'd be glad to impart what I've learned plus all the assets etc...

I done some android programing in java. is your IOS version in 'C'?

Edited by hloberg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a little game that I made up called Eagle One. It started out as a 'proof of concept' for my Parsec game I'm doing in DPC+. Its programmed in the default kernel

Simple game: the enemy shots at you. You have to hit the enemy 3 times to destroy it (the enemy ship changes color each hit.) After 3 shots your laser gun overheats and your ship turns red for a moment and you can't shot till it turns back. more times you are hit the longer it takes for the laser to cool down. the right life bar is time left to clear the enemy. left life bar is how many ships you have (only shows max of 4). Every 30 points you get an extra ship.

included .bin and listing. oh, and don't hit the ground.

Enjoy.

EagleOne.zip

Edited by hloberg

• 1 month later...

I just found out I'm going to be very, very busy over the next year. So, that this program doesn't go into the deep freeze for a very long time I'm posting the Parsec I was doing in batari. lots of it is done but still more to do. about 60-70% is done. If you want to complete the project, just download the files and give me credit. if you want to make a cartridge, we can talk about that too.

if no one picks it up i'll finish it myself much later on.

update, since I am taking the game back, I removed the files.

HLO

Edited by hloberg

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm back at it. didn't like the contract after all that was going to take me to EOY. too many hours.

As for the game, I solidified that I'm going to do the program in standard kernel with SC. Gives me the best balance to play-ability vs looks.

will be updating the game while still maintaining the feel. Too exactly emulating the game on the 2600 made it, not so good. So I will be playing to the strengths of the 2600 to make game fun and challenging.

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

after a lot of interference from the real world and much changing of mind I have made some progress on the Parsec 2600.

https://fieldmousetech.wordpress.com/

that is my tech blog and here are some youtube videos of the meteor and single enemy with scrolling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs8RheHNZmY

https://youtu.be/v9KsTlVcG2Q

next is swoopers, very much hard.

I programming the thing in the multi-sprite kernel.

still got a lot to do but at least making progress.

• Like 1