IGNORED

Trebors 7800 ROM PROPack

Trebor

A source for reference of ROMs with proper headers, inclusive of the original NTSC and PAL library as well as homebrews, hacks, demos, and prototypes, presenting...
A tremendous thanks to RevEng for both hosting the above archive, at the phenomenal 7800.8bitdev.org site - A fantastic reference for developers and those curious of the technical aspects regarding the Atari 7800 platform - And for the awesome 7800header tool, included with 7800AsmDevKit and 7800basic.
Some noteworthy points of the archive: Proper flagging for light gun, trak-ball, and paddles, which incorporates separate files for the respective controller types and regional difference when applicable. No more generic titles. Every ROM was examined and modified accordingly with an appropriate embedded name. POKEY and HSC support configured properly for the games which support them.
A more detailed list of whatsnew for the archive is included in the spoiler below.

WHATSNEW for HHDP_20170101:
All files have had their respective header updated. Just about all have received an update to their embedded game name, modified from a generic "My Game", file path, or some other misinformation. Many needed hardware flags corrected, and there have been external file name updates as well.

"Trak-Ball" and "Paddles" support has been added to the header. Games that support paddles optionally, have at least two different files, more if NTSC and PAL versions exist.

In addition to the above, the following is also noteworthy:
-NEW: Asterix Quest (Hack)
-NEW: Desert Falcon (Prototype - Harder Sphinx Bosses and HSC Support)
-NEW: Hearty Manslapper
-NEW: Realm of No, The (Book Cart)
-NEW: Roof Pooper
-NEW: Serpentine
-NEW: Sprite Demo
-NEW: Sprite Demo 2
-UPD: 3D Maze Game
-UPD: 7800 Utility Cart
-UPD: Jr. Pac-Man
-UPD: Ms. Pac-Man 320 (Sound Updates)
-UPD: Rescue on Fractalus (Proto) (Correct Header)
-UPD: Scramble (Bug Fix and Side Columns Added)

WHATSNEW for Retail_v1_0:
Fixed NTSC Retail Set Header issues:
Ace of Aces - Player 2 controls set
Alien Brigade - Double bit - two controller types set
Asteroids - No HSC set
Barnyard Blaster - POKEY@4000 set
Centipede - No HSC set
Crossbow - Double bit - two controller types set
Dig Dug - No HSC set
F-18 - Player 2 controls set
Fatal Run - Player 2 controls set
Food Fight - No HSC set
Galaga - No HSC set
Impossible Mission - Player 2 controls set
Jinks - Player 2 controls set
Joust - No HSC set
Karateka - Player 2 controls set
Midnight Mutants - Player 2 controls set
Ms. Pac-Man - No HSC set
Ninja Golf - Player 2 controls set
Pole Position II - Player 2 controls set
Robotron 2084 - No HSC Set
Scrapyard Dog - Player 2 controls set
Super Huey UH-IX - Player 2 controls set
Super Skateboardin' - Player 2 controls set
Tank Command - Player 2 controls set
Tomcat - The F14 Fighter Simulator - Player 2 controls set
Water Ski - Player 2 controls set
Xevious - No HSC set

Fixed PAL Retail Set Header issues:
Alien Brigade - Two controller types set
Barnyard Blaster - Player 2 controls set
Choplifter - Player 2 controls set
Crack'ed - Player 2 controls set
Meltdown - Player 2 controls set
Motor Psycho - Player 2 controls set
Sentinel - Player 2 controls set

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

A source for reference of ROMs with proper headers, inclusive of the original NTSC and PAL library as well as homebrews, hacks, demos, and prototypes, presenting...

Trebors 7800 ROM PROPack v1_0

A tremendous thanks to RevEng for both hosting the above archive, at the phenomenal 7800.8bitdev.org site - A fantastic reference for developers and those curious of the technical aspects regarding the Atari 7800 platform - And for the awesome 7800header tool, included with 7800AsmDevKit and 7800basic.

Some noteworthy points of the archive: Proper flagging for light gun, trak-ball, and paddles, which incorporates separate files for the respective controller types and regional difference when applicable. No more generic titles. Every ROM was examined and modified accordingly with an appropriate embedded name. POKEY and HSC support configured properly for the games which support them.

A more detailed list of whatsnew for the archive is included in the spoiler below.

WHATSNEW for HHDP_20170101:

All files have had their respective header updated. Just about all have received an update to their embedded game name, modified from a generic "My Game", file path, or some other misinformation. Many needed hardware flags corrected, and there have been external file name updates as well.

"Trak-Ball" and "Paddles" support has been added to the header. Games that support paddles optionally, have at least two different files, more if NTSC and PAL versions exist.

In addition to the above, the following is also noteworthy:

-NEW: Asterix Quest (Hack)

-NEW: Desert Falcon (Prototype - Harder Sphinx Bosses and HSC Support)

-NEW: Hearty Manslapper

-NEW: Realm of No, The (Book Cart)

-NEW: Roof Pooper

-NEW: Serpentine

-NEW: Sprite Demo

-NEW: Sprite Demo 2

-UPD: 3D Maze Game

-UPD: 7800 Utility Cart

-UPD: Jr. Pac-Man

-UPD: Ms. Pac-Man 320 (Sound Updates)

-UPD: Rescue on Fractalus (Proto) (Correct Header)

-UPD: Scramble (Bug Fix and Side Columns Added)

WHATSNEW for Retail_v1_0:

Fixed NTSC Retail Set Header issues:

Alien Brigade - Double bit - two controller types set

Asteroids - No HSC set

Barnyard Blaster - POKEY@4000 set

Centipede - No HSC set

Dig Dug - No HSC set

Food Fight - No HSC set

Galaga - No HSC set

Joust - No HSC set

Ms. Pac-Man - No HSC set

Robotron 2084 - No HSC Set

Tank Command - Player 2 controls set

Tomcat - The F14 Fighter Simulator - Player 2 controls set

Water Ski - Player 2 controls set

Xevious - No HSC set

Fixed PAL Retail Set Header issues:

Alien Brigade - Two controller types set

Barnyard Blaster - Player 2 controls set

Choplifter - Player 2 controls set

Crack'ed - Player 2 controls set

Meltdown - Player 2 controls set

Motor Psycho - Player 2 controls set

Sentinel - Player 2 controls set

Very cool.

Thanks for sharing.

Is Toki on the list ?

• 5 months later...

*UPDATE*

Trebors 7800 ROM PROPack v2_1

What has changed since v1.0 posted back in January?

For starters, an alternate version of Winter Games, that some have on (original retail) cart, has been included under the 'Retail' folder. It features significantly less sounds, simpler graphics and slightly different colors, in some areas:

post-18-0-00851400-1499522369.pngpost-18-0-38842000-1499522369.png

More discussion regarding the two versions is found in this thread.

A plethora of demos, hacks, and homebrews have been newly added or updated respectively:

NEW: Allura (Picture Demo), Asuka Sky (Picture Demo), Asuka Surf (Picture Demo), Batman (Picture Demo), Buttons (Picture Demo), Capcom Vs SNK (Picture Demo), Double Buffer Demo, Double Dragon (Graphics Demo), Double Dragon (Title Picture Demo), Double Dragon (Walking Demo), Draker Quest II, Enterprise (Picture Demo), Frogus, Graphics Modes Test, HunterS (Picture Demo), KC Munchkin (Alt Movement), Kessel Attack (Hack), Mario Bros (Mario Right Hack), Plumb Luck, Pokey Kong (Early Version) (Hack), Shantae Tiles (PlotMap), Sick Pickles, Slime Time (Hack), SMB Screen (PlotMap), Styverson (Picture Demo).

UPD: 3D Maze Game, Double Dragon (GFX Hack), Rider of the Night, Santa Simon, Sky Scrapper 2115, Super Circus Atari Age.

A huge thank you to all the hardware and software devs that make this community so active and exciting. It is truly appreciated...

Enjoy!

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
*UPDATE*

What's new since July?

In honor and recognition of Ken Sider's body of work, along with the approval of AtariAge, the final AtariAge cart release versions of b*nQ and Beef Drop have been made available for public distribution.

Additionally, there is a slew of demos, hacks, and homebrews that have seen updates or newly added:

NEW: 10 Print Maze Demo, 24bit Value Comparison, Animated Moving Demo 24 / 32, Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest (Wonder Hack), Death Merchant, Ghosts'n Goblins 320B PlotMap Title Demo, Ice Climber 320B PlotMap Demo Screen, INXS 320B PlotMap Title Demo, Mappy Sound Demos, Maze Generator, Millipede (Snapshot), Paddle Test (DLI Sampling), Price Randomization Test, SMB 2 Screen (PlotMap), Space Junk, Spire of the Ancients (Formerly "3D Maze Game"), Super IRG Flipping Images Demo, The Big Burrito, Trakball Test (DLI Sampling), Truchet Tiling Demo.

UPD: Frogus, Graze Suit Alpha, RPG Tile Demo, Scramble (Date update), Sick Pickles, Sky Scraper 2115.

A very heartfelt thanks and gratitude to all developers on the hardware and software front continuing to infuse the community with excitement...THANK YOU!

• Like 12

Thank you very much for the update Trebor! Your ROM pack really is the definitive Atari 7800 digital compilation and I for one sure appreciate all the work you've put into it. I'll be looking forward to trying the final versions of the Ken Sider—may he rest in peace—games as well, since I've never owned the original carts. Thank you once again and I'll look forward to seeing you in the next round of the 7800 High Score Club! :)

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the update Trebor! Your ROM pack really is the definitive Atari 7800 digital compilation and I for one sure appreciate all the work you've put into it. I'll be looking forward to trying the final versions of the Ken Sider—may he rest in peace—games as well, since I've never owned the original carts. Thank you once again and I'll look forward to seeing you in the next round of the 7800 High Score Club! :)

Same for me, Thank you. Also, I'd like to mention the work done in the testing and fixing of the bad ROMs when compiling the PROPack. No need to hunt for good versions of ROMs.

• Like 2

Very nice update Trebor. And very timely for me.

My Concerto should be showing up this week and this will be a great test. I am crossing my fingers that it works, but my 7800 Serial numbers don't lean towards a positive outcome. One can hope I guess.

And if it doesn't work I have some stuff to strip some headers from and load onto my Mateos. Have 3-4 games on there that I have bought the carts for so I can free up those slots for something new.

• Like 1

Dumb question but what does "No HSC set" mean? Does HSC mess up when the supported games are played in an emulator?

Short Answer:

"No HSC set" means that the presence of high score saving code is not set in the header flag. However, HSC does not mess up when the supported games are played in an emulator.

Detail Answer:

"No HSC set" is an incorrect header setting for games that do contain high score cart (HSC) saving code (I.E. Asteroids, Centipede, Dig Dug, Food Fight, Galaga, Joust, Ms. Pac-Man, Robotron: 2084, Xevious).

For games that do containing HSC saving code, under real hardware, when HSC saving (cart or device) is present, associated screens and saving would be demonstrated. By fixing the HSC flag in the respective ROM image header, it properly reflects the cartridge/game data and behavior.

Emulators the support HSC saving (I.E. A7800), and have it enabled, will provide the appropriate HSC saving. Emulators that do not have HSC enabled or do not support the HSC, simply play the game as usual.

So, just as would occur under real hardware, it is dependent on whether such HSC saving means are present and enabled, or disabled/absent, that will determine the respective game's behavior under emulation when the header is properly set.

• Like 2