IGNORED

IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 1-Contest

Tarzilla

Before we announce IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 2, let's actually have the contest I mentioned a few months ago ;)

First, the Prizes:
post-38229-0-66823300-1483326921_thumb.png
The IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 1, umm, Showcase. a 3D printed stand to display your copy of IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 1. Comes with a stand that can hold both the box and cartridge, or just the box if desired. Included are the iconic main characters from the 3 games that easily snap into slots in the base. A copy of the game IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 1 is also included courtesy of Rev at Intellivision Revolution

Note that the rough prototype is shown, the actual final product is much nicer. Also, giant Japanese toys, TV are NOT included ;)
(And before the question is asked, I've designed the base to be universal, I will be making bases and character packs available for other games in the future.)

post-38229-0-77752700-1483326510_thumb.png
The Warship!: Goat VS Zyx board game. Adorned with game graphics, play epic games of Warship! when you are away from the Intellivision.

post-38229-0-10399500-1483326650_thumb.png
Large Poster of the graphic that was used for the PRGE banner. This poster is larger than the one rolled up inside many copies of IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 1.

post-38229-0-62510800-1483326618_thumb.png
A set of PRGE buttons courtesy of Rev at Intellivision Revolution.

post-38229-0-59843400-1483326976_thumb.png
A copy of the PRGE Air Raid Early Bird pack featuring:

• a pair of ChromaDepth 3D glasses
  • an art print (in 3d)
  • a $5 off code redeemable when the game is released.
  • 3d printed ships from the game

Other prizes may be added later.

How to Enter:
This volume of games started as entries in the first IntyBASIC contest (big thanks to the team behind that!)
Counting comments (not many,) graphics/music definitions, and some occasional blank lines, each games started with a certain number of lines of code in the file. Not counting any usage of CONSTANTS.BAS the numbers were:

Battleship:1331
Goatnon:3119
Zyx:976
for a total 5,426 lines

Adding the TV menu and merging 3 games by 3 different programmers into one codebase was "interesting..." :)

When we were complete and the final rom passed testing by the team involved, we ended up with a new total number of lines of code, graphics and music (and a few more comments, but only a few ;) )

So the contest is simple:
How many lines of IntyBASIC code are in the final version? Closest to the number, over or under, wins. In case of a tie, a random draw will be held with the tied entries.

Email your entry to:
tarzilla @ telusplanet . net
(remove any spaces)

Include CONTEST in the subject line
and your AtariAge handle in the message body along with your guess.

and then post in this thread that you entered, don't post your email, but just the last digit of your guess so I can cross reference.
One entry per person.

Unfortunately for nanochess, he is disqualified from entering, mainly because I'll be sending the answer to him so no one accuses me of cheating, plus he is automatically getting most of the prizes anyway :)
Also disqualified are the members of the testing team, they will be getting their just reward...

Contest closes at January 20th, 2017 at 11:59pm Mountain Standard Time.

PS:This is my first contest, so be gentle and I reserve the right to modify the rules in case I forgot something.

Thanks to Rev, I have now edit my post to say that a CIB copy of IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 1 IS now part of the prize pack, thanks!

Edited by Tarzilla
  • Like 5

Cool contest! :grin: :thumbsup:

Unfortunately for nanochess, he is disqualified from entering, mainly because I'll be sending the answer to him so no one accuses me of cheating, plus he is automatically getting most of the prizes anyway :)

Also disqualified are the members of the testing team, they will be getting their just reward...

Was because the hidden PRINT "Tarzilla likes ponies" ? :P

I'm sending you the whip for "rewarding" the test team :dunce:

Cool contest! :grin: :thumbsup:Was because the hidden PRINT "Tarzilla likes ponies" ?

:PI'm sending you the whip for "rewarding" the test team :dunce:

Ha. Actually, it all started when freewheel insulted my hometown (probably after I insulted his :) ) ...it all went downhill from there.

Hang on to your whip, Rev left a bag full of interesting implements in my friend's van when we were at PRGE :)

• Like 1

Ha. Actually, it all started when freewheel insulted my hometown (probably after I insulted his :) ) ...it all went downhill from there.

Hang on to your whip, Rev left a bag full of interesting implements in my friend's van when we were at PRGE :)

It's far away of humanity to force they to watch the Rev's Golden Girls DVDs. :P