IGNORED

My own stories for games

Syzygy1

Here's a Lunar Lander story: It was 1979 and I was at a local show for the Boy Scouts. This was an event where the troops would get together, and they'd have booth, etc. One kid from another troop has his Commodore PET setup and playing Lunar Lander at their booth. I kid you not, dozens of people adults and kids queued up to play that game! There was a line for like an hour of people wanting to play, then going back and getting into line to play again.

Read the topic for this, but nice experience. They really ported that the same year it came out in arcades?

You're constantly coming up with funny stuff in the posts I've read. And it doesn't hurt that I'm also a fan of Cyborg and those classic Titans stories. I also laughed hard at the Centipede story!

Radioactive head lice? Wasn't meant to be funny. Just creative and because I think itching feels good for some reason.

You remember The New Teen Titans? Tell me, where does this line come from? "Lemme alone. I can DO it. One more word outta YOU, green genes-- an' the two of us'll play MEDICINE BALL with this magnetic weight tester."

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

OK, this topic is for me. I used to love making up stories for Atari games. I would type most of them on an Apple II after I thought of them, and they were saved there throughout the 1980s, until 1995, when I got a Windows 95 and transferred them there via a USB drive which I still have.

As mentioned before, I wrote a script for an animated adaptation of Superman, and then would write numerous stories about Superman saving people whenever I played the game when I was out sick, which served as "episodes" to the show. I read a lot of Superman comics, so it was mostly true to the source material.

I also did stories for Tunnel Runner and Cosmic Ark; I think Tunnel Runner had the player a peasant named Kayro (after Kayro-View!!!!) who angered the evil tyrant Cerebus and placed in his dungeon to be preyed on by his hellhounds.

Here's some ones I remember...

Fantastic Voyage: Female doctor Lisa Stein travels inside a patient named David Young in order to remove a serious blood clot. This was written when I was 13 or 14, and coming to terms with puberty, so that explains why the "host" is male and the "voyager" is female.

Suicide Mission: A duo of scientists, Amy and Monica Zhao, travel inside the body of a patient named Brad Adams to remove an abscess near his heart. Again, female voyager, male patient. The voyagers are Chinese because I grew up near Chinatown and thus knew a lot of Chinese immigrants.

Haunted House: A young girl named Luisa ventures into the haunted estate formerly owned by Zachary Graves. She has to avoid ghosts and bats... the last of which is hell for her, because she's a chiroptophobe! Of course, I had/have chiroptophobia as well, which is why Haunted House scared me to no end and why I couldn't even play Adventure without being tense and nervous.

Snoopy vs. The Red Baron: Snoopy goes after the Red Baron after he conquers Poland. He eventually gets him to sign a peace treaty after threatening that Woodstock will peck his eyes out, and the allied command honors Snoopy for being the one stopping the war.

Laser Gates: A sentient computer virus named Redzone invades the Cryptic Computer in order to blow it up. This was back when computer viruses were becoming a thing, and some of them had made the news. Now, I know one user on here really likes sentient computer viruses, so I'll describe what he looked like: he looked kind of like Sark from Tron, combined with Brainiac's appearance at the time (humanoid alien; he had pink skin, though, like Sinestro) and red eyes. He did not look much like the virus from Toonami, other than that he had red in his design. He did not have a Kiwi accent, either, it was more of David Warner as Sark. I based most of it on an episode of Star Trek: The Animated Series.

That's all I can remember. Sometime soon, I'll dig through my USB drive to see if I could upload them here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CreeB said:

OK, this topic is for me. I used to love making up stories for Atari games. I would type most of them on an Apple II after I thought of them, and they were saved there throughout the 1980s, until 1995, when I got a Windows 95 and transferred them there via a USB drive which I still have.

As mentioned before, I wrote a script for an animated adaptation of Superman, and then would write numerous stories about Superman saving people whenever I played the game when I was out sick, which served as "episodes" to the show. I read a lot of Superman comics, so it was mostly true to the source material.

I also did stories for Tunnel Runner and Cosmic Ark; I think Tunnel Runner had the player a peasant named Kayro (after Kayro-View!!!!) who angered the evil tyrant Cerebus and placed in his dungeon to be preyed on by his hellhounds.

Here's some ones I remember...

Fantastic Voyage: Female doctor Lisa Stein travels inside a patient named David Young in order to remove a serious blood clot. This was written when I was 13 or 14, and coming to terms with puberty, so that explains why the "host" is male and the "voyager" is female.

Suicide Mission: A duo of scientists, Amy and Monica Zhao, travel inside the body of a patient named Brad Adams to remove an abscess near his heart. Again, female voyager, male patient. The voyagers are Chinese because I grew up near Chinatown and thus knew a lot of Chinese immigrants.

Haunted House: A young girl named Luisa ventures into the haunted estate formerly owned by Zachary Graves. She has to avoid ghosts and bats... the last of which is hell for her, because she's a chiroptophobe! Of course, I had/have chiroptophobia as well, which is why Haunted House scared me to no end and why I couldn't even play Adventure without being tense and nervous.

Snoopy vs. The Red Baron: Snoopy goes after the Red Baron after he conquers Poland. He eventually gets him to sign a peace treaty after threatening that Woodstock will peck his eyes out, and the allied command honors Snoopy for being the one stopping the war.

Laser Gates: A sentient computer virus named Redzone invades the Cryptic Computer in order to blow it up. This was back when computer viruses were becoming a thing, and some of them had made the news. Now, I know one user on here really likes sentient computer viruses, so I'll describe what he looked like: he looked kind of like Sark from Tron, combined with Brainiac's appearance at the time (humanoid alien; he had pink skin, though, like Sinestro) and red eyes. He did not look much like the virus from Toonami, other than that he had red in his design. He did not have a Kiwi accent, either, it was more of David Warner as Sark. I based most of it on an episode of Star Trek: The Animated Series.

That's all I can remember. Sometime soon, I'll dig through my USB drive to see if I could upload them here.

When I read "Brad Adams," all I could think of was:

Brad_Adams.png.bdae0cd3da362fc27852eee871b24bd3.png

And boo, no '80s Swayzak. Well, Sark technically was the '80s Swayzak. But he looks more like Magneto than Zurg.

• 10 months later...
On 12/31/2021 at 8:33 PM, Syzygy1 said:

When I read "Brad Adams," all I could think of was:

Brad_Adams.png.bdae0cd3da362fc27852eee871b24bd3.png

And boo, no '80s Swayzak. Well, Sark technically was the '80s Swayzak. But he looks more like Magneto than Zurg.

I SWEAR Brad from Scooby Doo looks like ME, but with REDDER HAIR (my hair is more orange.) He also looks like MITCH HEDBERG... I saw him live once... R.I.P.!!!

Anyway, I recently thought of ANOTHER game I made a story of... PIGS IN SPACE... I used to watch hours of MUPPET SHOW reruns so I wrote stories for Pigs in Space that envisioned each of the three games as sketches on the actual show... script format... I knew the characters' personalities and all... my favourite was the GONZOIDS sketch. I forget which story had it (I wanna say it was CHICKEN INVADERS) but Link Hogthrob said "What in the name of Mark Hamill is going on?" as Mark Hamill started Pigs in Space... Also unrelated but I wrote a script for a Pigs in Space sketch in which they RETURN TO EARTH... the crew that sent them on the mission just GAVE UP and wanted them to return home... haha!!!