IGNORED

In depth look at MEXICAN INTELLIVISION VARIATIONS

Rev

4 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

This was a bundle I bought a few months ago. One of several..

image.thumb.png.2c7724b32c1abdc3055b7acb4cd19c70.png

4 hours ago, Morpheus said:

That’s a lovely bundle @Kamikazi26!!!

You do know who to write to if you want to sell some double don’t you?!🤠

It was kind of Luc to box them right back up and then drive them to my house. He's good people. Lol. 

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Rev said:

The guy speaking in the video is the guy pictured on the Mattel badge.  Quite an interesting story from one of the partner companies.

The badge and business card title say "Jefe de Dispositivos" which translates roughly to "Head of Devices" in the Devices Department.

Note: the above is based off of YouTube's auto-generated speech-to-text in Spanish followed by YouTube's auto-translate Spanish to English features.

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, nanochess said:

At last! I've scanned the Mexican manual for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

It was translated as Monstruos y Cavernas, predating the more common Calabozos y Dragones.

https://nanochess.org/intellivision_advanced_dungeons_and_dragons.html

Very cool.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, nanochess said:

Another one found: Carrera de Autos.

20231201_185128.thumb.jpg.b79542c76771a48dbce2118873360c0e.jpg

Be sure to post the manual too!

I get a kick out of reading these in Spanish.  Having always had the games in English (apparently it is cheaper to import from U.S. to Puerto Rico, than from Mexico, in spite of the language discrepancy), I find the names of things in Spanish weirdly surreal.

It gets even weirder when everything is written in actual proper Spanish, while in P.R. it was common to use many English terms for technology things. :)

10 hours ago, nanochess said:

Another one found: Carrera de Autos.

20231201_185128.thumb.jpg.b79542c76771a48dbce2118873360c0e.jpg

I love it!  "Montaña Brumosa" is such an excellent name.  To me, it sounds like a brand of coffee, rather than an ominous adventure setting.  😁

We just called it, "Claudi Maunten." 😆

Thanks for sharing.

dZ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lathe26 said:

Interestingly, Google Translate was able to successfully translate it but it had to ask the following question:

Caveat: I am definitely not an expert in Spanish.  Google Translate is about as much as I know.

"Do" comes from portuguese. "De" would be the right word. But most probably the suggestion comes from a badly OCRed manual.

• Like 1

I just saw something on Facebook this week where someone had some Inty stuff that was from Brazil. It was marked PAL-M. When I asked what hz this plays at the reply was 60hz. I thought PAL was always 50 hz and NTSC was always 60 hz.... LOL Twin Galaxies would go NUTS if someone loaded a PAL-M score on the Inty Platform. People there would lose their ever loving minds.... :P 

• Haha 1

PAL is the colour encoding, M is for the 480 lines at 60hz broadcast signal.  While M is an ntsc standard, ntsc also refers to the colour encoding standard used in north america.  The 576 lines at 50hz signal used by most, but not all pal systems, is also referred to as CCIR, broadcast at various frequencies depending on the region.  But if you mention CCIR nobody would know what it means, unfortunately. 

Edited by mr_me
  • Thanks 1