IGNORED

Introducing BlueWizard - QBoxPro replacement speech analysis TMS5220 tool

patrick99e99

On 1/18/2021 at 11:59 PM, Nick99 said:

Thanks @FarmerPotato!

I have looked at your gitlab link, How do I use the Makefile and Codingtable etc?

It sure seems to be a very much needed utility to make a conversion to the TI.

It's a command line utility. Works in Mac OS X or Linux. On Windows , get the Cygwin package (with gcc and gmake).

In Mac OS X, I think you need to first to install Apple command line developer tools, and GIT command line tool (though any GIT with a GUI is also fine)

Then open the Terminal app:

git clone https://gitlab.com/FarmerPotato/speech.git
cd speech/util
make
make test

This does a simple test.

./lpctos  test.lpc test  out                       

Look at the files test and out.

test is assembler source. out is the decoding analysis. Compare to what BlueWizard shows if you load the test.lpc file.

To translate any file to assembler source:

copy yumm.lpc from BlueWizard disk, or any of the Gauntlet files

./lpctos yumm.lpc yumm.a99 yumm.txt

The Codingtable...  that should not be there! I kludged the constants  into BlueWizard to replace the TMS5220C with TMS5100. I get... some results in BlueWizard.    I have not packaged it up properly  for others to try.

More features planned for lpctos -

XB program output!

translating a whole directory of files

showing others how to assemble or load them into OTALK 

OTALK / TALKX/TALKB is a utility from TI's Speech Lab. It says my dad wrote the external file loader!

I have not tested on real hardware either.  js99er.net does pretty ok at running OTALK.

EDIT:

Added -b option to generate BASIC listing

Added -d option to parse input as decimal

Added -n lineno option

Added -f to process a list of files into one output.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Does anyone have suggestions for the best set of parameters to use when converting speech using BlueWizard/PythonWizard? For instance to convert the attached file.

Well the first step was to use the TMS5200 coefficients instead of TMS5220. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Well the first step was to use the TMS5200 coefficients instead of TMS5220. ?

I had some time yesterday and tried the wav-file in BlueWizard, but no, I could not hear the word pinball.

Sorry for asking, but what is the TMS520 coefficients, and where in BlueWizard do you use them?

33 minutes ago, Nick99 said:

I had some time yesterday and tried the wav-file in BlueWizard, but no, I could not hear the word pinball.

Sorry for asking, but what is the TMS520 coefficients, and where in BlueWizard do you use them?

The TMS5200 and TMS5220 are two TI speech synthesis chips.  Out of the box, BlueWizard comes with reflection coefficient values appropriate to the TMS5220 rather than the TMS5200 in our speech synthesizer.  These are close enough to get something usable, but not ideal.  Can't recall where BlueWizard keeps those values, and don't have an installation handy at the moment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This might be a bit of a simple question, but I'm new: how the heck do you get files into this thing? The program opens fine and shows its UI, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to input a simple .wav file, or even one of the example files, into the software. Please, enlighten me!