IGNORED

FS: the "a lot of miscellaneous stuff" LOT! | NEW - Classic Macintosh Stuff

Mark Wolfe

Sellers on eBay are such idiots

Went on to look for a ballpark price on a Mac Classic

Of the half a dozen listed, they all have high reserves so there is no way to know what the market will bare

I think the lowest was $77 but that listing said it was being sold for parts

The next lowest after that was $200 then $350

I think for the classic I am going to start it at around $75-$100 and then consider the keyboard, mouse, method to get games on HDD & software + shipping

It weighs 16 lbs alone. It would fit in an Amazon box I have here that is 14x13x10 shipped from zip 19380 if onlookers want to get a base shipping cost

I updated the main thread with screenshots of the Mac Classic Booting up ? The lines on the screen are from my camera not the Mac ... it looks and sounds just like I remember. I have a couple other all in one units so I'll need to figure out what I have and what I want to keep ... might keep this one haha ... don't worry there is more

Edited by Mark Wolfe
  • Like 1

That's a good question

I know I have a DOS card that has separate ram and processor on it although I forget which Mac it fits

I need to go through all this stuff and look under the hoods

About 4 years or more I bought a storage unit full of the crap out on Arizona . Dirt cheap but then I had to box it all up and ship it home where most of it has remained in the boxes waiting for the economy to bounce back enough to where folks can enjoy their hobbies again ?

Not sure if that day has arrived but it's time to sell this stuff

• Like 1

Opened a box with a G3 tower ... all the protruding Plastic handles are broken from the transit between Arizona & Philly ?

I'm sure the innards work fine tho. Maybe I should gut it and sell the mobo after testing it? Anyone want it?

I have some G4s too ... those are good for audio production if you don't mind CD quality . I have tons of Pro audio software and soft synths to go with it ... any takers ?

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I've unearthed about 8-10 classic Macs of different models, all with hard drives, some with CD drives. I've found a way to network them to Ethernet as well as load my collection of classic Mac games and apps under system 7xx (also OS8 & OS9 which I was thinking could be on separate bootable partitions)

I'm going to be away until February 6th so if you're in the market for a low priced Classic Mac, reply to or follow this thread . A couple of them have been spoken for but there are plenty more

The cost is gonna be shipping (of course) from zip 19380 and prices will start at around $35. A couple will be less than that because the cases are in horrible shape (but they run great) and a few others will be more because they have faster processors and more RAM

I'm looking to customize these bad boys so that you can connect it to the internet and download anything you want from the half dozen or so Mac software archive sites that are on line for classic Mac users running system 7 specifically (that operating system is amazingly fast and feature rich)

I will also have some Apple iigs stuff up for sale. I have an extra with a bad power supply so I was thinking I would part it out or build it up and then sell it ready to go with full upgrades running from an SD based hard drive (if someone expresses an interest and has the cash to cover such upgrades)

Ok, let me know who else wants one of these. Once they're gone, that's it. I have a lot to sell so they will be priced to sell ... this is a good time to say "fuck you" to eBay sellers who have stupid over-priced BIN listings ?

• Like 2

I don't have a color classic but these small form factor desktops don't take up much of a footprint on a desk, especially if you use a small VGA LCD monitor . Also the keyboards are small ... plus they're gonna be super cheap. I think Color classics fetch a bit more for some reason, prolly cuz they're so cute and "classic" looking but I think the Perfoma and LCs get better speed and more RAM (need to double check that)

What I did find was a DOS card with separate processor and RAM that I'm going to put in a Perfoma 6100 so it will run DOS & OS7 without emulation ?

I'm not sure if it will run games but I think it will cuz I believe the processor is a 133 and the ram is 128 ... need to double check that but I think so

Edited by Mark Wolfe

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone interested in a Mac SE? Or a Perfoma ?

So far I have one person who wants a performa w the cd rom. I have three of those ... these are gonna be cheap

Some of the less attractive ones will be like $25+ ship

The SE will be $75+ship. It has a hard drive. I'm willing to upgrade them for you. New Bios for the SE so it can run later versions of OS. Network card so you can file share to it from your PC... folders of Mac games ...

Pics coming by next week

Plenty of time to think on it... rolling it all out sometime next week... I've been doing a lot of research on various upgrades that can be done to these on the cheap... some really cool stuff out there. The website Big Mess O' Wires is a great place to start looking into it. I bought one of their floppy/HDD emulators which was reasonably priced (no more than an average flash cart) . They have links to all sorts of cool info.

Classic Macs were on the same level as Amiga just more expensive. It's a great gaming platform. It is also great for audio, video & midi

Edited by Mark Wolfe
  • Like 1