IGNORED

AtariAge Magazine Archive Online

MagazineArchive.jpgWe are proud to announce the addition of a Magazine Archive section to AtariAge. We have posted high-quality scans of Atari Age Magazine, the Activisions Newsletter, Numb Thumb News, Atarian Magazine, and the Activision Fun Club News (their UK newsletter), with more magazines arriving in the future. In addition to making these magazines available for easy browsing online, we have also made them available for downloading so you can view them at your own leisure. Many thanks go out to Curt Vendel, Ken Love, and Peter Perpetua III for supplying us with scans of these magazines.

Ok, how's anyone supposed to do any real work with all these back issues to catch up on :?

Just kidding, great job on getting this whole section up and running, I really appreciate looking through the old literature.

Hi Dan,

Its always good to see multiple sources of data across the web, plus if you noticed there are also a lot more selections available such as Atarian, Activisions and much more....

Atari Club, the German version of Atari Age will be up shortly (had to give the old scanner a day off... Union regulations ;-)

and yes, you will see Atari Connection, Atari Explorer and Atari I/O up in the new Atari Museum Archives section shortly... we are all burning the midnight oil to bring a plethora of content out for people to enjoy, stay tuned!!!

Curt

Ok, how's anyone supposed to do any real work with all these back issues to catch up on  :?  

Just kidding, great job on getting this whole section up and running, I really appreciate looking through the old literature.

Thanks, it was definitely a long time coming and should have been online here long before now. :) This recent thread inspired me to finally take action to get all these magazines online. Glad you enjoy them! I need to spend some time going through all of them myself. :)

..Al

Funny thing about scanning all this stuff in.... I've referenced and used materials contained within these mag's over the years for the Atarimuseum.com website as well as providing materials when anyone asked and needed them.

However, to finally go through them page by page which is something I haven't done for quite some time, wow!!! the memories. I originally had the subscription (actually 2, one I signed up and another my mother had signed up for me, not knowing I had signed up myself) and I recall how eager and excited I was to read each issue when they arrived in the mail, I'd spend like an entire month going back and reading everything line, drooling over the new product announcements, rumors and so forth and ordering the releases when I could as they came out. Atari Age was a wonderful PR rag, it holds a special place for a lot of people like myself who originally received them who are re-reading them and now a lot of people who've heard of them but have never seen them can finally spend some time reading them, enjoy!

Curt

Funny thing about scanning all this stuff in.... I've referenced and used materials contained within these mag's over the years for the Atarimuseum.com website as well as providing materials when anyone asked and needed them.

However, to finally go through them page by page which is something I haven't done for quite some time, wow!!!  the memories.   I originally had the subscription (actually 2, one I signed up and another my mother had signed up for me, not knowing I had signed up myself) and I recall how eager and excited I was to read each issue when they arrived in the mail, I'd spend like an entire month going back and reading everything line, drooling over the new product announcements, rumors and so forth and ordering the releases when I could as they came out.    Atari Age was a wonderful PR rag, it holds a special place for a lot of people like myself who originally received them who are re-reading them and now a lot of people who've heard of them but have never seen them can finally spend some time reading them, enjoy!

Curt

Oh yeah, Atari Age. My neighborhood friend and I couldn't wait for each new issue of AtariAge to come out to find out what new games were coming out for the 5200. We were all excited about Zookeeper but it never made it to the stores. :( AtariAge rocked though. Should have ordered that 5200 carrying case. Arrg!! :)

Allan

hey curt

thats cool that These magaizines are recently getting scanned

so that everybody can see it.

Atari connection? thats a new one(to me at least) I might have heard of the I/O back in the day but it doesn't come to mind.

as for the Atari Club (german) I think I caught a glimpse of it at Mars Merchandise when I brought my Jaguar.

Dan Iacovelli

Way to fill up my hard drive!   :P  

No, really, those are awesome.  Thanks!

Tell me about it.

I wonder how much Kinko's would charge to print these up for me so I can put them in a binder :ponder:

hey curt

thats cool that These magaizines are recently getting scanned

so that everybody can see it.

Atari connection? thats a new one(to me at least) I might have heard of the I/O back in the day but it doesn't come to mind.

as for the Atari Club (german) I think I caught a glimpse of it at Mars Merchandise when I brought my Jaguar.

Dan Iacovelli

Hi Dan,

Atari Connection started in 1981 and was a magazine for Atari Computer Owners, nicely done too. Some of the Atari Clubs are already up and available now, the rest should be up tonight I believe.... Atari Connection would be replaced in 85' with Atari Explorer which had a run until 1992. I'm trying to get a couple of 80GB HD's online onto the archives server to eventually support ALL of the issues, a MASSIVE undertaking.

It would be great to hear from anyone who may know the total run of these ATARI CLUB mags. I only found out about them last year and only have the 6 issues that are going up on AA. I don't know how many in total were made and if anyone else out there has copies that could be posted.

Curt

Archived