IGNORED

New Gaming Hardware from ATARI coming soon!

SoundGammon

Saw mention of this elsewhere that this is likely to be a gaming like smartwatch device for playing Minecraft and Terraria on the go. Given that the left arm has the Terraria tree, I'd say that is a pretty safe bet. Even with classic Atari games on it, not sure the watch size is all that great as it is quite bit and uses touch controls...

I'd love it if I'm wrong on this, but ehh... I'm being pessimistic about this one.

The FAQ only mentions Minecraft. I wonder if it will have any other games on. Definitely feels written for kids.

It also mentions backups for Minecraft world files so maybe it will have some kind of cloud backup support?

The FAQ looks like its for their existing minecraft product. The link mentions something brand new coming. You might have to wait until February to see what it is.

The minecraft one looks kind of neat. It's priced like a toy ($30), displays the time or various customizable animations, and backs up your minecraft worlds.

Atari is lame, though. I can't imagine what software they could offer that would be worthwhile.

Review vid

Edited by Reaperman