IGNORED

A/V modded 7800

kyle

Does anyone have one for sale? Or know somkne that mods them? I do not want to mod my 7800 I've had since 1993. If I can't find one already done I'll pick one up off of eBay and have someone mod it for me.

The Composite Conversion Kit is only ten bucks on Ebay. I modded my 7800 which I have owned since bought brand new in 1986, looking at the improvement surprised I waited so many decades on this! The soldering is much easier then attempting a mod chip on newer consoles, the solder pads all easy to get to. Posted a Guide back on Racketboy.

Atari 7800 Easy Video Mod - http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1078108#p1078108

• Like 1

The Composite Conversion Kit is only ten bucks on Ebay. I modded my 7800 which I have owned since bought brand new in 1986, looking at the improvement surprised I waited so many decades on this! The soldering is much easier then attempting a mod chip on newer consoles, the solder pads all easy to get to. Posted a Guide back on Racketboy.

Atari 7800 Easy Video Mod - http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1078108#p1078108

I did this mod just using some perf board instead of the ready made kit like is posted in this link, and while it worked it produces bad jailbars on several model LCD flatpanels I tested it on. CRTs it looked great but the ugh...on a flatpanel this was a no go. Additionally, those resistors don't have to be completely cut out of the circuit. Best to just cut whichever leg goes back to the RF modulator portion of the circuit and lift them so you can reverse the process much easier if needed in the future. I wish I had done this when I did this mod since I had to replace them back in again when trying other mod kits for my 7800.

• 4 weeks later...