IGNORED

NeoGeo Pocket Colour Flash Cartridge

SainT

There will be another video update before long, just working on the menu at the moment. I've had another fun week or so of feeling crap, plus the kids half term, so it's hampered getting anything done. Its all coming on well now though!

Awesome James. Can't wait to see it. Take you time :)

Anthony..

A video is very imminent now... :D

I have the file menu side of things working really pretty well now with the ability to install games from the memory card to flash and then switch to the installed game list and then run whatever game you like. Just final management bits to add for deleting games from the flash, writing ROMs back out the the memory card, etc... but that's not required for a video. So I'll get the video done when I get some peace and quiet on Monday. ;)

Very pleased with this, will need to give some thought to if its possible to do some kind of preview screenshot type feature like the Lynx cart has. As the NGP doesn't have a bitmapped graphics mode and has limited tile RAM its not ideal. It might be possible in combination with using an emulator to write out a minimal tile set for a screen shot.... but again that's something which can come later... :)

Thinking about it, it could be generated from a snapshot if any NGP emulators support a snapshot...

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

A video is very imminent now... :D

I have the file menu side of things working really pretty well now with the ability to install games from the SD to flash and then switch to the installed game list and then run whatever game you like. Just final management bits to add for deleting games from the flash, writing ROMs back out the the SD, etc... but that's not required for a video. So I'll get the video done when I get some peace and quiet on Monday. ;)

Very pleased with this, will need to give some thought to if its possible to do some kind of preview screenshot type feature like the Lynx SD has. As the NGP doesn't have a bitmapped graphics mode and has limited tile RAM its not ideal. It might be possible in combination with using an emulator to write out a minimal tile set for a screen shot.... but again that's something which can come later... :)

Thinking about it, it could be generated from a snapshot if any NGP emulators support a snapshot...

Amazing news James. This is going to be awesome for sure. Thank you for all the hard work and dedication that your putting into the project kind sir. :)

Anthony ..

The one thing that bugs me about the neo geo pocket color is that it isn't backlit.

Anyone selling a good back light mod kit with install instructions that anyone knows of?

I thought I read recently that the NGPC can't be backlit for some reason (doesn't fit in the case?), only frontlit. Which is still better than no lit. :-D

I've now opened up a pre-order registration page on RetroHQ as things are getting pretty close to being complete now. There will be a delay of a couple of months while things are finalised and the first batch is produced, but otherwise its looking pretty good. :thumbsup:

http://www.retrohq.co.uk/neogeo-pocket-pre-order

Edited by SainT
  • Like 6

I would buy this in a heartbeat. You're talking about one of my all time favorite portables. If there's a wait list I want to be on it. Preferably at the top :grin:

BTW, your Lynx car was AMAZING.

I was actually about to buy that one but I had an AV modded Atari in my sights. With a Harmony cart that ruined my spending money for the month. This NGPC cart is looking sooooo good. I don't know if I ever will get a shot at the Lynx one.

Added myself to the list, and this gives me a good time frame to take my time to get a NGPC that's right for me since I lack one of those too for now. 70GBP is a drop in the bucket again what it would cost me to get some of those english printed games that only came to the UK (Evolution) or the US (Cotton, which I once owned) or even the really slick Japanese stuff (like Rockman) as well. It pays for itself with one game which is kind of sad since it's just a niche handheld most people don't even really care about in the big picture outside of SNK fans and some handheld collectors (along with pokemon like collectors who have to have it all.)

I have put my name down at retrohq - quick question - should I expect a confirmation email from retrohq? Not sure if my registration was successful.

Very much looking forward to this one.

Cheers

No, there's no confirmation email, although that's something it could do with. I see you on there, so it certainly worked.

It says "Thank you for registering your interest" I think when you submit, but the form is still there, so it's not as clear as it could be.

I'll drop people an email when I've got some units ready to ship out. :)

• Like 1