IGNORED

Eric in Monsterland rev.5 beta

Retrospect

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

MONSTER.zip

Here's an 8-screen demo of the game so far. All control is with Joystick 1, you won't need to be near the keyboard again until you quit.

Pushing up starts the game ... Eric can jump back and forwards, walk back, forwards, and pushing down makes him crouch.

Note: The edges of the ditches don't really support Eric's weight. He's only an Elf but grass vs elf is a no-brainer. If you're near the edge, either back up a little or jump quick and don't try crouching!

Screen eight contains a gang of wasps that I personally cannot get past. The game will lock up once you are past them, but can anyone playtest this and confirm if they got past the wasps? :)

• Like 2

Thanks to all for the appreciative comments , I'm enjoying this project more than I have others.

More done on game tonight

New intro sounds, more monsters in some screens, screen 9 done.

9 screen playable demo here, uses Extended Basic & 32K (although written using XB256 you won't need that to play it)

ERICDEMO.zip

• Like 3

It's just beautiful... what a slick little platformer!!!

Cheers Owen. :)

Hey speaking of platforms, I've still not worked out a feasible way to get Eric to jump onto another actual platform, as it is the game is still using the Castle Conquer "engine"

There's another one planned after this though, "Eric goes to Egypt" ... I think by then I will re-write the code and somehow do platforms.

I really like this one! :)

Thanks Ksarul. Yeah it's coming along nicely now. I've just put a graveyard screen in, with a ghost and spider. That's the tenth screen. So I should be about right for 11 screens, 11 being the final one - with the fair maiden to rescue. (you know, these games never did show exactly HOW the hero got the girl back home, I'm guessing they were rescued and the hero rang a taxi.)

Thanks Senior Falcon. Yeah the XB256 is brilliant and needs to be used more often. I've really enjoyed using it, gives things a new edge.

What a wonderful game you've created here! Well done sir. As for your comment regarding XB256 -- yes!

XB256 IS BRILLIANT AND NEEDS TO BE USED MORE OFTEN!

It is no longer mandatory to climb Mount Assembler in order to write good graphics based games on the TI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 1

Okay - I'd say this is releasable, it's certainly playable.

Here's Eric In Monsterland.

There's a FIAD file and an EA5 (Editor Assembler opt.5) file.

Use Joystick 1, directions are jump back, jump forward, jump up, walk right, walk left and crouch!

Push up to start game.

ERIC.zip << Fiad file

ea5.zip << EA5 file

Needs 32K and Extended Basic. Doesn't need anything else.

• Like 2