IGNORED

Season 10 - Round 6 - Boulder Dash-Miner 2049er-Donkey Kong Jr.

I was always fascinated by the Miner 2049er game, although I never was good in it. In my eyes the Colecovision version ist even harder than the Atari 8bit version.

Of course, the 2600 version is the hardest (I think the version is unbeatable) , but this one doesn't count, because it's the absolute fiasco and presumably the worst existing VCS game of all.

Back to Coleco: I never passed the 6th level, most often I failed earlier in the 4th one, the first three are easy.

Congratulations to Northcoastgamer and DuggerVideoGames for their walkthrough,

I take my hat off (I hope this expression is correct)

But how did you learn to be so strong, exercise over and over again?

And did you use the code to begin with higher levels for training?

There's a code to practice on higher levels? Never knew that! Had I known, I could have practiced and it might have saved me a lot of time. To me, Miner 2049er is a trial-and-error game. You just keep playing until you play as mistake-free as possible. Some of these levels - although difficult - aren't as complicated as you might think they are. Once you beat them, you just have to memorize how you did it so you can do it quickly on your next playing session. The problem with level 6 is that you have to be very precise with your jumps; if you're too cautious, you'll end up wasting too much time. If you can consistently get to level six just about every time you play, then you'll have enough practice on it to eventually beat it. When I play, I have quite a few sessions where I fail to hit 20,000 points until it all just clicks and I get on a hot streak and just make everything look easy.

I had no idea there was a level code either until I read Mangias Miner 2049er level 4 post recently in the forums. Level 6 is a tough one, along with level 11. It's all practice, repetition, memorization and executing. I'm uploading a quick session I played today on my youtube channel. I'll post it later.

• Like 1