IGNORED

130XE ECI2PBI Adapter Pre-order Offer

Dropcheck

Hi,

Sorry if this info is available somewhere, I tried to search before asking: is there/will there be some kind of casing available?

Kind regards,

Klas

I guess it's buried a bit, but yes in the first post I indicated that 3d print files for a case would be available when the board shipped. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I received some disturbing news from TheEditor who had received his cartridge adapter in the last couple of days. He'd found some problems with his board. He was having strange behavior using a Super SDX cart in slot 2 of the cartridge.

After reviewing the schematic and comparing it to the previous Dual RA cartridge adapter I found a couple of errors in the routing of some signals for Slot 2. Those errors must have occurred as I redid the schematic for the ECI2PBI feature. Strangely it only seems to affect certain cartridges. When I was testing prior to shipment, I was using normal carts, ie a game cart and a language cart. Everything tested out okay. But obviously some carts such as the SDX carts pulled/processed different signals than standard carts. I didn't even think to try them. :(

Slot 1 should work without any problem, with it empty, with a normal cart and with the SDX carts, on/off and stacked when it is selected.

Slot 2 will work with most carts when it selected. I have found it will work with the Super SDX cart with the SDX turned on. But if Slot 2 is selected, and empty, the Super SDX cart is off or you try to stack a cart and switch to it via the command line the routing error freaks out the cart and the computer crashes.

It is not completely useless, but it is not as useful as it was supposed to be. There is no easy fix. I can offer two remedy options, which ever works best for you.

Total replacement:

Send the board back to me. I'll refund the original shipping costs and send the replacement to you for free. I'll have to have the boards redone by the board house and order some parts that would take about three weeks.

Partial refund:

I'll refund upto $10.00 of the purchase price.

I'm sorry..... :( Not been one of my better pre-orders.

Hi,

will you redesign and produce a new version? Secondly, was my board shipped already?

Kind regards,

Klas

Hi,

The boards will be corrected and any new ones sent out will work as intended. Yours was not sent out, so when the new ones come in, I'll ship to tf_hh and he'll assemble the board and ship to you.

Just got mine in. Spent a good 5 minutes trying to open the box - very well packaged!

I am happy with it as-is; on the weekend I'll try it out connected to a MIO and let you know how it works.

My thinking exactly! If you manage to test your MIO before I get to mine this weekend, could you post your results?

Thank you, in advance!

--Tim

Just got mine in. Spent a good 5 minutes trying to open the box - very well packaged!

I am happy with it as-is; on the weekend I'll try it out connected to a MIO and let you know how it works.

I wanted to make sure it didn't fall out. :grin:

But seriously was it the priority box itself or the internal packing?

If you intend to keep them instead of replacing might you label the boards so later on the problem doesn't manifest itself after everyone has forgotten about it or it gets sold or passed on... or maybe a fix it yourself instruction mod be made... this could become a real headache/mystery in a few short years....

Edited by _The Doctor__

If you intend to keep them instead of replacing might you label the boards so later on the problem doesn't manifest itself after everyone has forgotten about it or it gets sold or passed on... or maybe a fix it yourself instruction mod be made... this could become a real headache/mystery in a few short years....

The boards will be labeled ver 2.

I tried running a MIO off the board this evening. I confirmed that the MIO was working, by attaching it to a stock 800xl, and using an SDX 4.46 cartridge (AtariMax 8Mbit). I also successfully accessed the MIO on the 130xe using the JZ ECI to PBI adapter that came with the IDE Plus 2.0 Ver E board that I bought. (The adapter does not have a cart pass through though, since the IDE Plus 2.0 Ver E has one).

Unfortunately, I could not get the MIO to work with the ECI2PBI adapter. With a cart in slot 1 (closest to the computer), the cart would boot, but the MIO was inaccessible. With a cart in slot 2, the computer would go directly to self test all the time. Both tests were done with all four DIP switches in the upright position.

I have not modified the board per the directions above.

I tried running a MIO off the board this evening. I confirmed that the MIO was working, by attaching it to a stock 800xl, and using an SDX 4.46 cartridge (AtariMax 8Mbit). I also successfully accessed the MIO on the 130xe using the JZ ECI to PBI adapter that came with the IDE Plus 2.0 Ver E board that I bought. (The adapter does not have a cart pass through though, since the IDE Plus 2.0 Ver E has one).

Unfortunately, I could not get the MIO to work with the ECI2PBI adapter. With a cart in slot 1 (closest to the computer), the cart would boot, but the MIO was inaccessible. With a cart in slot 2, the computer would go directly to self test all the time. Both tests were done with all four DIP switches in the upright position.

How is the JZ ECI to PBI adapter wired? Pin to pin.

Edited by Dropcheck

Got some sleep and half my brain back. A thought occurred. :)

Set CASinh dip switch down. Select Slot 1. SDX 4.46 cartridge in Slot 1. Slot 2 empty. That should approximate a normal 800XL with a PBI, sans the signals for Ready, CAS and RAS.

Slot 2 is somewhat crippled until the fix is done. :(

• Like 1