IGNORED

ColecoVision problems Black/Blank screen and buzzing noise

shear_xear

Hi everyone, I have two ColecoVisions that have the same problem. When I turn on the power the screen is all black and there is (usually) a loud buzzing noise, I replaced the switch first, and then the video ram, but both times ended up with the same results. Is there anyone that has had this problem and been able to fix it? Thanks for your time! Mike

Hi everyone, I have two ColecoVisions that have the same problem. When I turn on the power the screen is all black and there is (usually) a loud buzzing noise, I replaced the switch first, and then the video ram, but both times ended up with the same results. Is there anyone that has had this problem and been able to fix it? Thanks for your time! Mike

you may want to get some new ram chips and try those, unfortunately those parts are the most expensive chips to get hold of on the main board. I had the exact same issue and changed many other components, but in the end it was one of the two ram chips that was bad

@ SiLicOne t0aD85 I figured that was what you meant, but wanted to be sure (total noob here). I will check it out.

@ omf I will see what I can do with that. I have two that have the same symptoms, so maybe there are two working between the pair

thanks!

Edited by shear_xear