IGNORED

Can anyone school me on purchasing a DreamCast console?

courtesi96

I am still waiting on Crazy Taxi that I order on 1 February. It has not even been mailed out yet as of today, so I contacted the seller and got a reply back pretty quickly. The excuse is that he/she has been going through some life issues and it will be mailed out today. I don't give a shit about your life issues because everyone has them. Get off your ass and walk/drive to the post office with my package. My truck broke down yesterday but I was still able to get shit done with my own two legs and hands. I walked the kids to school and walked another 3 miles to the post office and dropped off an eBay package this morning. I don't want hear about your bullshit excuses. Just mail my damn package on time. I have no sympathy for people anymore. Rant done.

Edited by thadsilverfox

A burned DC disc can jack up the laser over time depending on how the burn was made. If it's one of the common first/early run stuff where they did lots of data reorganization, dummy file ejection/rejection, and compressing of all sorts of data it can cause the laser to seek all over and not as it should which can mess it up through lots of use. If you get a more modern made dump of the game by that Tux guy or I think they're called GD-DEC or something of the sort, those have the data aligned, properly compressed, and everything in such order they not only run as harmless as an original, some discs I wrote actually are more gentle and load a little quicker having to seek the data less.

Silverfox--ebay? Call the company or open a case, there's no excuse unless they are stuck in a hospital bed.

A burned DC disc can jack up the laser over time depending on how the burn was made. If it's one of the common first/early run stuff where they did lots of data reorganization, dummy file ejection/rejection, and compressing of all sorts of data it can cause the laser to seek all over and not as it should which can mess it up through lots of use. If you get a more modern made dump of the game by that Tux guy or I think they're called GD-DEC or something of the sort, those have the data aligned, properly compressed, and everything in such order they not only run as harmless as an original, some discs I wrote actually are more gentle and load a little quicker having to seek the data less.

Silverfox--ebay? Call the company or open a case, there's no excuse unless they are stuck in a hospital bed.

Yes it is eBay. If life issues are affecting someone that much, maybe they should shut down their eBay store or end all of their listings. It has happened twice in a row to me and the last seller's excuse for shipping late was just about the same damn excuse this seller gave. I have no luck with eBay sellers. The item has now been shipped but I am wondering if it would have even been shipped out today had I not contacted the seller.

Edited by thadsilverfox