IGNORED

CPUWIZ In Trouble and Needs Your Help

pixelmischief

It just came to my attention today that long-time Atari enthusiast, solutions provider, and community luminary CPUWIZ is currently fighting a vicious and crippling disease. The reason I just heard about it today is because news about it was posted in the "Off Topic" forum and I don't follow that forum. Perhaps you had not heard about it for the same reason. I break protocol here for a great cause and am cross-posting this to raise awareness. Those who have had any dealings with him will need little convincing to help out and those who haven't should trust those of us who have.

Head over to the link below and read about it. Then head to the other link below and donate. Every penny counts.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/261483-please-help-cpuwiz-with-medical-bills/

https://www.gofundme.com/cpuwiz

Edited by pixelmischief
  • Like 10

Thanks for the mischief and breaking protocol, my method of propagation was way too slow! Albert gave the thumbs up so maybe a note in each topic wouldn't be too bad of an idea! How about it Albert one official note in each please? If there isn't a note there already? And a note on the main page?

alleycat cheat mode for nine lives

cassette 1985. Edit these 6 bytes,

change...

offset $5AF from $A9 to $A2
offset $5B0 from $03 to $09
offset $5B1 from $8D to $8E
offset $764 from $A9 to $A2
offset $765 from $03 to $09
offset $766 from $8D to $8E

:) just sayin'

Edited by _The Doctor__

That is terrible, I could weep for the man, Serena has had to have raw potassium at times and is encouraged to eat banana's as much as possible but to have your body shutting down just sounds horrendous, I'll have a hunt through the cash and see what I can offer, wish him all the best from us, I'm not religious but I pray in my own little way that his health gets better.

Paul.

so damn strange when discussion on illness, they can't figure where my vitamin D, K, and Potassium are going either.... I have to get 20,000 units of some of this crap a day... and k is not potassium like on the elemental table.... I don't think they know what they think they know... or the words don't mean what they think they mean..... I hear a Princess Bride quote brewing up in these things....

so damn strange when discussion on illness, they can't figure where my vitamin D, K, and Potassium are going either.... I have to get 20,000 units of some of this crap a day... and k is not potassium like on the elemental table.... I don't think they know what they think they know... or the words don't mean what they think they mean..... I hear a Princess Bride quote brewing up in these things....

Ha ha...Will it be you in your Columbo mack (Peter Falk) :)

We had similar with Serena, one hospital wanted to keep her all night on a drip as her potassium had dropped, another hospital said, no need for a drip, here's a jel / drink thing, drink that and another in the morning...Point being that beds are at severe shortage levels but rather than a home dose they wanted to occupy a bed just to put a drip on and the potassium levels were just slightly low and just needed a top up. It beggars belief about what people actually think (or not in these cases), obviously in cases like your Doc I can understand they need to be correct but then you realise sometimes they don't have a clue.

Go figure as they say..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Hope he gets better soon but doesn't Obamacare cover hospital costs:

Starting January 1st of 2014, the following “Ten Essential Benefits” must be included under all insurance plans with no lifetime or annual dollar limits:

• Emergency services
  • Hospitalizations
  • Laboratory services
  • Maternity care
  • Mental health and substance abuse treatment
  • Outpatient, or ambulatory care
  • Pediatric care
  • Prescription drugs
  • Preventive care
  • Rehabilitative and rehabilitative (helping maintain daily functioning) services
  • Vision and dental care for children

Hope he gets better soon but doesn't Obamacare cover hospital costs:

No it doesn't. 2.5 years ago my dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 head & neck cancer as well as having suffered 3 major strokes and potentially a dozen TIAs leaving him unable to walk unassisted. It took over a year for him to get disability. He was only 62 years old, worked his entire life.

Fast forward to now. He lost all of his teeth slowly due to radiation damage. He has zero coverage for dental work. Fortunately, a kind hearted dentist did all the tooth extractions for free. But he needs dentures. I will be paying over $2000 out of pocket to pay for that.

Health care in this country sucks shit. Unless you are in California, and an illegal. Because they get EVERYTHING paid for, while my dad as a citizen since 1957 and a lifelong worker gets jack shit.

• Like 5

I back Stephen 100%, with no political bias.... I wish I still had my coverage before it was 'improved', was forced to pay more, and we can't afford our deductible.... that's why I believe we should help each other just like we are doing and keep both the insurance and the politic as far away as possible. 100% get the politics out of health matters, I agree Albert!... It's very hard to avoid treading into that realm when it was inserted by the powers that be into that aspect of our lives.

I hear you brother....... I share in the anguish and am very happy this community is doing all it can to help our friends..... that's what a community is! People who know and care for each other!

Glad to see everyone that is able to pitch in are doing just that. If you don't want to be identified or in the public arena for whatever reason you can do anonymous donation as well :) try it you'll like it!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 4

I back Stephen 100%, with no political bias.... I wish I still had my coverage before it was 'improved', was forced to pay more, and we can't afford our deductible.... that's why I believe we should help each other just like we are doing and keep both the insurance and the politic as far away as possible. 100% get the politics out of health matters, I agree Albert!... It's very hard to avoid treading into that realm when it was inserted by the powers that be into that aspect of our lives.

I hear you brother....... I share in the anguish and am very happy this community is doing all it can to help our friends..... that's what a community is! People who know and care for each other!

Glad to see everyone that is able to pitch in are doing just that. If you don't want to be identified or in the public arena for whatever reason you can do anonymous donation as well :) try it you'll like it!

Well said. Even at my very worst I have still been able to help at least one person per year, even if it only meant volunteering my time. I believe that is why this dentist came forward and did my dad such an amazing favour.

How crazy is this. My dad & his parents came over from England to the USA in 1957, when he was 5. In 1958, they met the "Kimberly" family. Turns out, the males became dentists. The guy that took out my dad's teeth for free, was the grandson of the guy that befriended my grandparents all those years ago. My dad grew up with his son - the dentist knew he wasn't bullshitting him about this, when he recounted the story of them getting busted for shooting cars with a BB gun.

It's wonderful when people come together to help without prejudice or thought of being "paid back". It's times like this that some of my faith in humanity is restored, and if this trend continues long enough, we may reach that place of nirvana.

Everyone with family, please hug them tonight and tell them you love them, because you never know which day will be the final one.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It just came to my attention today that long-time Atari enthusiast, solutions provider, and community luminary CPUWIZ is currently fighting a vicious and crippling disease. The reason I just heard about it today is because news about it was posted in the "Off Topic" forum and I don't follow that forum. Perhaps you had not heard about it for the same reason. I break protocol here for a great cause and am cross-posting this to raise awareness. Those who have had any dealings with him will need little convincing to help out and those who haven't should trust those of us who have.

Head over to the link below and read about it. Then head to the other link below and donate. Every penny counts.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/261483-please-help-cpuwiz-with-medical-bills/

https://www.gofundme.com/cpuwiz

i am very sorry to hear this, cpuwiz was always kind to me in the past. is there anyway i can make a purchase from him of existing stock, this may help him out?

lance

www.atarisales.com

If we can help cpuwiz keep from giving up anything, that's the way to go, but if he were to need more help, I am sure we all would purchase whatever he wanted to sell here on the Atari Age Market Place.

Best Wishes,

_T D__

P.S. (Post Script)

It is nice to know he's doing better and that our thoughts, hope. meditations and prayers are felt.

• Like 1

That is the way to go, I was kind of pointing out that direct support if it got to that point would come from the community... I felt uneasy about someone looking to obtain his stuff without him offering or wanting to do so himself. I for one felt punched in the gut when I got a bunch of what do you have what can I get emails shortly after as it turned out I mentioned my illness. Luckily it wasn't done on AtariAge by our members. I felt kind of icky reading the 'Business Mans' offer of 'help'

Now if I were to say to the community or CPUWIZ for that matter were to say he wanted to get all the stuff to good homes that would be a different story and such pm's, emails, post would be appropriate and welcomed and everyone would happily go about it.

• Like 3

That is the way to go, I was kind of pointing out that direct support if it got to that point would come from the community... I felt uneasy about someone looking to obtain his stuff without him offering or wanting to do so himself. I for one felt punched in the gut when I got a bunch of what do you have what can I get emails shortly after as it turned out I mentioned my illness. Luckily it wasn't done on AtariAge by our members. I felt kind of icky reading the 'Business Mans' offer of 'help'

Now if I were to say to the community or CPUWIZ for that matter were to say he wanted to get all the stuff to good homes that would be a different story and such pm's, emails, post would be appropriate and welcomed and everyone would happily go about it.

Sorry to hear that (firstly about your illness and secondly about the questions regarding selling). That's never really something I would have thought about. I've donated directly to med bills in the past and I have also bought things which were offered for sale. I would never have thought to ask. Perhaps it's because as an adult, I now realize several times in the past my dad having to sell items so we had food for us.

• Like 1