IGNORED

Collector's and Classic Editions - BRAND NEW games

Duddie

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread. It may not be clear, but the Retronics releases are vital because of the packaging. Each of the titles has, as a pack-in, large gaming maps, which means that you won't have to have pieces of paper with cryptic handwriting scattered around you while you play. They're large and colourful and extremely well made, and the quality of the rest of the packaging materials let you know that this is a 'premium' release. In addition, Operation Blood comes on a red floppy.

Having played all the games, I can say that Klatwa and Władcy ciemności do not play well on NTSC machines. I haven't had a problem with the rest of the "Collector's Edition" games, although I do get a very occasional (and minor) graphic glitch with Hans Kloss. I'm not sure if this is an issue with PAL computers as well.

Must haves, and the best of Atari gaming in general: Miecze Valdgira, Operation Blood, Hans Kloss, Fred, and Kult.

• Like 1

Ahh, good, I thought that I am writing for myself and David only.... Your roadblock may be eliminated, I am going to offer special interfaces allowing you to connect any tape deck (walkman, portable, deck) to Atari. Also, limited number of brand new disk drives will be offered (custom project).

I'd be interested in the new drive. What is the approximate price?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Received my disk set on Friday. A+ effort all around -- and the first new (or, well, reissued), boxed, shrinkwrapped A8 disk releases I've bought since about 1992! *Wipes tears away*

The caramels were a nice touch -- thanks. :)

Can all of these disks be played on an NTSC XE w/64K?

My LCD Flat Screen has no problem with PAL, but others may want to know how they all work on North American/Japanese TV.

For you/others who may have bought tape set:

How about the tapes, has anybody played them all on an NTSC A8 machine and/or TV?

Also, are these all too big for standard 32K carts, would carts be possible? I don't have a DD or tape drive now either.

New titles in Classic tape versions will be ready in 2 weeks. Also Classic disk versions may be available if there is any interest.

Note the problem I had with the two titles in my previous post on my NTSC XL. The other eight run.

Duddie is the best person to ask about cart availability, but I understand that cost would be prohibitive for a special cart run.

Forgot to add him. Duddie, are these all too big for standard 32K carts, would carts be possible? I don't have a 1050 or tape drive now either.

Cartridge has been developed for these titles, 64k. But, I would need to put a lot of money and effort into producing them. I doubt if I ever do this. Demand is too small, I would need 100 pcs. of each title to be sold. Probably not possible.

If anybody doesn't have tape deck or disk drive: I am working on producing small batch of disk drives for Atari 8-bit, and also interface for connecting any tape player/deck to Atari - can be walkman, tape deck, portable player, boombox or so.

• Like 4

Excuse me, and others who have asked in the thread already, but HOW do we order these games? I've looked through the entire thread 3 times and I still see no LINK or even an address typed out on where to go to actually order these titles? Am I seriously going blind? Could low sales be to the fact no one knows were to go and actually order? Is there a different thread wit this info and it's assumed already to be widely known? Or am I just expecting to much with a site to order the titles? Am I just supposed to be private messaging you, Duddie?

Edited by Gunstar

I would like to order some classic editions. I would like some collector edition tapes, but I don't like the plastic insert holding a caseless tape, because it means constant handling of the collectors box for tape storage. It would have been better, I my humble opinion, if the collector editions came with tapes in real cases for storage seperate from boxes. Basically the classic edition in collectors box is what I want. So, I choose classic editions instead for the tape cases.

Hello Gunstar, Collector's Edition will not be continued. Classic Edition for tape and disk will be. Maybe someday I will release cartridge versions in Collector's Edition. All of my cassettes were listed on ebay for a long time. I have sold a few sets there. But due to high listing fee I haven't relisted them, but I will do that when next titles in Classic Edition are ready for sale. Of course you can always contact me directly via PM or mail: jurek (at) retronics (dot) eu

I know that lower sales can be caused by lack of shop on my website, but I am working on it. Therefore if you'd like to order something, please contact me.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to decide what games out of the first 20 I wanted to order and now you got 10 more coming out! I just can't make up my mind! what kinds of sets are you going to be selling these in now? Are theygoing to be only sets of 20 or 30 or will there be sets of 10 that can be ordered or if you don't want the whole collection? Or do we just have to order each one individually if we can't afford all in the full set?

• Like 2

I'm still trying to decide what games out of the first 20 I wanted to order and now you got 10 more coming out! I just can't make up my mind! what kinds of sets are you going to be selling these in now? Are theygoing to be only sets of 20 or 30 or will there be sets of 10 that can be ordered or if you don't want the whole collection? Or do we just have to order each one individually if we can't afford all in the full set?

Make sure that you consider Hans Kloss, an awesome Impossible Mission/Castle Wolfenstein hybrid, which is just killer. Kult is right up there, as is Fred and Operation Blood (an Operation Wolf clone). Miecze Valdgira also has much to recommend it. I didn't like Caveman that much, but that, along with Klatwa and Władcy ciemności (which won't work properly or at all on NTSC machines) are the only titles I wouldn't recommend to NTSC users.

I've got a PAL converted 1200XL, so they will all be compatible.

Duddie, I realized that I could buy them individually, But since you are going to release another 10, for a total of thirty, I was wondering if there would be specials on sets of 10, 20 and 30. But I understand now that I can buy an odd number, other than the full set and still get a discount for multiple titles. Thanks! I'm still deciding what I want, I'm giving .xex's of the games a try, to see which I like, and yes, Hans Kloss and Fred will be a part of it my eventual order. I'll PM you in a few days Duddie.

Edited by Gunstar

Now I can show you tapes from Classic Edition, titles 21-30. They will be ready for sale in around a week.

Are there English instruction manuals for all 30 cassettee tapes?

If so, would it be possible to just buy the English manuals to use with emulation until I get a program recorder?

• 2 weeks later...