IGNORED

Video Game Console You Never Stopped Playing

TemplarXB

Dreamcast. I don't think there's been a time since launch that it wasn't at least in my entertainment center (if not actually hooked up). I can't say I play it quite as much as I used to, but I definitely do periodically and always have.

Everything else, modern and classic, has been in the attic at one point or another. And even if they're in the entertainment center, I might go a year or more in between plays. So I can't say I "never stopped" playing them.

• Like 1

For the people that have had their systems in continual use, I'm curious if you upgraded video connections and kept it hooked up as you moved on to new televisions? I'm interested to know if anyone on here kept a vintage system hooked up to their principal TV since they originally got it when it was a current system. Kind of like someone driving a classic car since the day they bought it as a daily driver.

While I have 9 consoles all connected to the TV and amp there are still a few key games that I always come back to time and time again.

Mega Drive - Bare Knuckle 2, Thunder Force series

SFC - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Time

Saturn - Daytona, Sega Rally

Dreamcast - Shenmue

those games are some I always come back to time and time again. Of course I play hundreds of other games, old and new and come back to them but none as much as the above.

As for how my consoles are hooked up to the TV, well anything lower than Dreamcast is RGB of course and always have been. Only difference now is that they go through a Framemeister. Dreamcast was RGB but now HDMI, PS2 is D-Terminal (component) and all modern stuff is HDMI. No matter how old or new the console is though they all play audio via the 5.1 surround sound amp.

• Like 1

For the people that have had their systems in continual use, I'm curious if you upgraded video connections and kept it hooked up as you moved on to new televisions?

All of my systems are hooked up to my modern TV's using their original connections, including my Dreamcast being hooked up via composite. I did use S-video originally, but actually *downgraded* to composite because my current TV doesn't have an s-video input. Funny that we lost s-video before composite in new TV's.

The older systems that I have are all connected through RF, though like I said I can't claim to have played them continuously. Intellivision and Genesis probably come closest... I've had them hooked up maybe 75% of the time since they've been on the market. Inty is still RF in my setup, Genesis is composite. The Genesis shipped with an RF adapter, but a composite cable was an optional add-on from day one IIRC and that's what I use.

Edited by spacecadet

• 3 weeks later...