IGNORED

Ordered from Retrogate - not returning e-mails?

PacManPlus

Hey guys:

Just curious if someone has had the same experience ordering from Retrogate as I am having.

On 2/5, I ordered an Everdrive N8 NES from Retrogate. They immediately charged my card. Since then, my order status has only read "Confirmed" and hasn't changed. I sent an e-mail inquiry to them a few days ago asking if they knew when it would ship, and I never got a response.

Does this sound normal? I'm wondering how long I should let it go before I call my Credit Card company and tell them to refuse payment.

Thanks,

Bob

Hey guys:

Just curious if someone has had the same experience ordering from Retrogate as I am having.

On 2/5, I ordered an Everdrive N8 NES from Retrogate. They immediately charged my card. Since then, my order status has only read "Confirmed" and hasn't changed. I sent an e-mail inquiry to them a few days ago asking if they knew when it would ship, and I never got a response.

Does this sound normal? I'm wondering how long I should let it go before I call my Credit Card company and tell them to refuse payment.

Thanks,

Bob

For a small-time operation like Retrogate, I would continue trying to reach them. I would not go to the step of contacting your card company until the 19th (two weeks later). If this were Target or Amazon, the grace period I would allow would be much, much shorter. And the reason I would give them that much is that a one-person operation can and will occasionally drop out of the loop for a few days. Things like a death in the family or getting the flu put business on hold for a bit. They shouldn't but they do. Ideally, they could respond to an e-mail, but who knows?

No way would I give them two weeks to ship out the item. One week is more then enough time to pack/ship an item that is in stock. I would give it a couple more days then proceed with getting charges reversed. Just my thoughts.

If there's a legit problem, the issuing bank will still reverse the charges long after two weeks have passed. You're not going to make things any worse by giving them a little extra time. On the other hand, there are plenty of things that can pull a small business owner away from their PC/smartphone for a week. I would still register a complaint about the delayed response, regardless, but if you want the everdrive and are happy with the price you paid, I'd give them more time.

Example: two years ago, my wife ordered some garland for our yard for Christmas decor. They didn't ship on time, even though I had Amazon Prime. They didn't ship for days. No e-mail response. Turns out, there was a massive blizzard that week, and their New-York-based distribution center was covered in snow, to the extent that the roof collapsed and several employees died. So amidst normal holiday order processing, the company was dealing with back orders, a crippled warehouse, and legal issues surrounding the accident. For the better part of a week, e-mail was not their priority. This was a major company in partnership with Amazon... imagine what would have happened if this was one guy shipping everdrives out of his garage.

I'm just saying... you just never know. Five days might suck, but I wouldn't call the bank yet.

lol @ tep392 - thanks, man :)

I didn't say I was going to do anything just yet, that's why I was asking if this is 'normal' behavior. I have no problem waiting for anything, I just would have felt better if either a) the status changed or b) they replied to my e-mail.

Either way, no biggie.

I'll try contacting them again.

2/5? Lol, just chill out. I ordered an everdrive from him over the black Friday sale, and it didn't ship until mid December.

Did you know it was going to take that long to ship? If I order something and there is no indication anywhere on the page that there will be a delay for whatever reason, I am going to assume it will ship out within a few days just like 99.9% of all consumer products. If after a week it doesn't ship out I start to believe that my order has gone unfulfilled if I don't get a timely response to my email inquiring about said product. I have no faith in people or companies anymore for many reason that I could probably write a book about.

Did you know it was going to take that long to ship? If I order something and there is no indication anywhere on the page that there will be a delay for whatever reason, I am going to assume it will ship out within a few days just like 99.9% of all consumer products. If after a week it doesn't ship out I start to believe that my order has gone unfulfilled if I don't get a timely response to my email inquiring about said product. I have no faith in people or companies anymore for many reason that I could probably write a book about.

There was a warning posted. That 20% off sales moves a bunch of product for krikzz

• 2 weeks later...