IGNORED

GR8 Software?

Gunstar

Does anyone know anything about them, their releases, current and apparently upcoming, etc. Cartridge editions of Bomb Jake (Jack), Hobgoblin & Hobgoblin 2, Line Runner, Yie Another (Ar) Kung-Fu are supposed to be available or coming soon, but unless it's my browser (Opera), nothing comes up at the site beyond the basic front menu. Click on anything and you are left with blank windows except for a sub menu that pops up below what you click on, and so on. The site has been updated this year, so it should be a going concern...can anyone else use this site properly on their browsers?

http://gr8.atari.pl/joomla/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Well, it's very strange if it hasn't worked for years, since it was obviously updated in 2017. I'd understand if it was old and out dated, and they weren't selling any more, but it's not just the date on the site, but some of the upcoming software is stuff that is still in development, like hobgoblin 2. Everything screams current and a going concern.

As far as I know GR8 is rather dead. Nosty prefers coding now than be a publisher. Cartridge editions of Bomb Jake (Jack), Hobgoblin, Isora & Loops DX, Robbo Forever and Line Runner were published and reissues are not generally anticipated. Yie Another (Ar) Kung-Fu was never properly finished by Vega, so its release on the cartridge was not possible. There is a chance for Hobgoblin 2 to be released but it is not 100% sure, more could say XXL. I sent an e-mail to Nosty regarding GR8 www.

I hadn't heard of any of these games in cartridge form, until recent articles for Yi-Ar Kung Fu and Bomb Jack in Excel magazine this past year. I was apparently away from the scene for a year or so when GR8 opened and then closed it's doors on publishing these games. I guess I'll just have to add more memory to my computer so I can play the ones requiring 320K from a file. I was really hoping for collector's items with all the goodies of a professional release.

Hi,

Indeed, my page doesn't work properly for a long time. I'm sorry. Some day all articles were gone I have no idea why. I have no complete backup but I suppose I can try to fix it manualy one article by one.

But I suspended my activity as publisher long time ago so I thought that nobody uses GR8 Software page ;)

• Like 6

I have got info from Nosty - he will try to fix GR8 page.

This is only good news if he has something to sell and intends to sell future products, otherwise what is the point? So we can see everything that we can no longer get?

Hi,

Indeed, my page doesn't work properly for a long time. I'm sorry. Some day all articles were gone I have no idea why. I have no complete backup but I suppose I can try to fix it manualy one article by one.

But I suspended my activity as publisher long time ago so I thought that nobody uses GR8 Software page ;)

Hello Nosty. I was apparently out of the scene while you were publishing under the GR8 name, and I only just learned about your site and games through issue of EXCEL magazine this past year, so as soon as I knew, I headed over there only to find a broken site. But the date on the site said 2016 and now 2017 so I just figured it was down for repairs or updates and then came back this past week to find it the same. But if you have nothing left to sell and don't intend to sell more, then I don't see a reason for you to worry about the site, now that we all know what is going on.

I'd love to purchase some of your releases, now that I know of them, if you have or make more, but I don't need your site working if you don't intend to continue the business, so don't waste time fixing it if it is a moot point.

Hi,

As already written, in the website you could find images of GR8 Software awesome packages.

Arkadiusz, it would be nice if you could restore a page for every game produced, to preserve GR8 Software legacy.

• Like 2

I would love to see the page restored.

Well, then, I stand corrected. Apparently there are people who do want to see pictures of game products you can no longer buy. Personally I'm only interested in the site if I can purchase what it shows.

Well, then, I stand corrected. Apparently there are people who do want to see pictures of game products you can no longer buy. Personally I'm only interested in the site if I can purchase what it shows.

So then, there should be no websites for things like the CSS floppy boards, MIO, etc. because they are not available to buy?

• Like 2

So then, there should be no websites for things like the CSS floppy boards, MIO, etc. because they are not available to buy?

I don't believe that and I don't think you think I do either, you are only being facetious. But I will explain it simply for you anyway. It's something completely different because these are just games, free ones that info can be found about them elsewhere and these are just packaged products of those games that are no longer available. There is no vital information about the games that can't be found elsewhere.

Edited by Gunstar

• 1 year later...